Join Our Newsletter

New? Free Sign Up

Then check our Welcome Center to a Community Caring about Sleep Apnea diagnosis and Sleep Apnea treatment:

CPAP machines, Sleep Apnea surgery and dental appliances.

CPAP Supplies

Latest Activity

Steven B. Ronsen updated their profile
Mar 5
Dan Lyons updated their profile
Mar 7, 2022
99 replied to Mike's discussion SPO 7500 Users?
"please keep me updated about oximeters "
Dec 4, 2021
Stefan updated their profile
Sep 16, 2019
Profile IconBLev and bruce david joined SleepGuide
Aug 21, 2019
I would count myself in the ranks of those 100% compliant -- meaning that, with very few exceptions, I use my machine every single night, all night, and whenever I take a nap.

Hopefully I'm not alone. What about everyone else?

Views: 393

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have been 100% compliant for about 14.years. Other than a few times when I fell asleep watching TV, I can't think of any exceptions where I slept without CPAP.
I'm still in the learning phase here. My doctor's and DME never mentioned naps. Even with naps?.......it's not unusual for me to fall asleep on the deck or while watching a movie.......sometimes for a few hours. Are you referring to these times as well? This happens 3-5 week.
yep, definitely naps. you're supposed to use your therapy even during naps.

Jerri Lynn said:
I'm still in the learning phase here. My doctor's and DME never mentioned naps. Even with naps?.......it's not unusual for me to fall asleep on the deck or while watching a movie.......sometimes for a few hours. Are you referring to these times as well? This happens 3-5 week.
I can not think of a single night, except for one exception when power was out, that I haven't used my machine. I use it for naps as well. I know the night the power was out, for about 6 hours, I slept very fitfully and never fully went into a deep sleep. That night I kept imagining that I was choking and couldn't wake up.
Hi, just popped in to try and find out what 'compliant' means! haha. thanks for answering that for me.
I'm 100% compliant with the exception of 2 times when I accidentally fell back asleep in the a.m., took off the mask 'cause I was gonna get up, and fell back asleep with the mask in my hand. Both times.

I'm not at all sure I could even go to bed without my mask now--I'd be scared.......

I don't assume I'm awake anymore unless I'm on my feet!\\

Susan McCord
100% here too, night time and naps (if I ever get lucky enough to have one). There is the occasional drift off when sitting in my daughters room at night after putting her to bed but, that's only for a few minutes or so.
i was complient but i have just broken my mask
my understanding of complient is that you use the CPAP at least 4 hours per day (night)
I can't claim 100% compliance 'cause when returning from Mayo last year I hit a fresh deer carcass on the xway about midnight. By the time the cops came, the wrecker came and hauled us to a motel and my car to the dealer I was too tired to bother hauling ANYTHING into the motel. I have a small case I carry my meds, my "essentials", clean underwear and PJs in and I grabbed that and my purse, registered and fell into bed.

And about 3 months after starting CPAP I was provided w/a loaner APAP w/no humidifier and ended up w/raw nostrils, a passover humidifier only made them more raw and chapped and it took 3 nights w/Ayr Saline Nasal Gel before I could stand ANY PAP pressure in my poor nostrils.

I can't think of why the 3 other nights but since 06 Oct 06 I've only missed 7 nights of using my CPAP, APAP or VPAP.
this isn't the definition of compliance that I meant. I meant the following standard: "I use my machine every single night, all night, and whenever I take a nap."

99 said:
my understanding of complient is that you use the CPAP at least 4 hours per day (night)
100%er. I haven't taken a nap since I have been on CPAP.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by The SleepGuide Crew.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service