Join Our Newsletter

New? Free Sign Up

Then check our Welcome Center to a Community Caring about Sleep Apnea diagnosis and Sleep Apnea treatment:

CPAP machines, Sleep Apnea surgery and dental appliances.

CPAP Supplies

Latest Activity

Steven B. Ronsen updated their profile
Mar 5
Dan Lyons updated their profile
Mar 7, 2022
99 replied to Mike's discussion SPO 7500 Users?
"please keep me updated about oximeters "
Dec 4, 2021
Stefan updated their profile
Sep 16, 2019
Profile IconBLev and bruce david joined SleepGuide
Aug 21, 2019
Do you have Mild Sleep Apnea, Moderate Sleep Apnea or Severe Sleep Apnea?
Mild Sleep Apnea = AHI between 5 and 15
Moderate Sleep Apnea = AHI between 15 and 30
Severe Sleep Apnea = AHI > 30

Trying to get a sense of how we break down as a group here on the forum.

Views: 515

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the clarification Melinda.....wow now I am in the same category as my mother she is severe....
I can't remember the exact number, and I can't find the paper they gave me with my "diagnosis" on it, but I remember that last time I went in for a study two years ago, it was Moderate Sleep Apnea that was edging towards Severe. Something like 24, or something. I don't know whether it's still accurate anymore.
Severe Sleep Apnea AHI of 90
I had 2 obstructive apneas and 73 hypopneas, for an AHI of 14.6 (RDI was 14.6, with 0 RERA's). I'm not sure if I'm classified as mild or moderate, as it doesn't say on the summary, though stage wake was 25%, stage N1 was 14.6%, stage N2 was 80.6%, stage 3 was 4.9%, and stage REM was 0%. My resting sat was 95%, and my low sat was 91%.

I just had the titration study last Thursday, and haven't gotten the results yet.
I was told that I was "moderate". With CPAP usage, I've got an AHI of 7.0.
During my sleep study I had over 500 episodes in 4 hours which amounts to 125 per hour. Hard to believe but I guess I was in pretty bad shape. They were only able to chart 4 hours because that was all that I slept. I guess the oxygen level in
my blood was really low too. I wish I had the paperwork from the hospital near by, after reading about your levels I almost can't believe that my levels were possible. SEVERE
I finally found the papers that they gave me when I was diagnosed! Yay! It's kind of unclear, since it's this sheet of information, with marks put down to indicate what is mine. However, there is no patient information to indicate who's being diagnosed!

Apparently I have Obstructive Sleep Apnea-Hypopnea Syndrome. Degree: Moderate. # of breathing problems per hour: 33. # of brain arousals per hour: 21.

And that's really all I know other than a couple of fact sheets that they gave me. I think the doc said a bunch of medical terms that I blinked at and had no clue what was going on. I'm definitely looking forward to this new clinic.
AHI was 21
when tested I was have 90 episodes per hour I would say it is severe
AHI 111, O2 saturation 63% . So, yah, kinda affected my life in profound ways.
Diagnosed this past week as severe with average 55 events per hour. This is my 3rd go around. Last study in 2003 was 4o/hour but they indicated I need a lower pressure this time. Seemed kind of odd to me.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by The SleepGuide Crew.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service