Join Our Newsletter

New? Free Sign Up

Then check our Welcome Center to a Community Caring about Sleep Apnea diagnosis and Sleep Apnea treatment:

CPAP machines, Sleep Apnea surgery and dental appliances.

CPAP Supplies

Latest Activity

Steven B. Ronsen updated their profile
Mar 5
Dan Lyons updated their profile
Mar 7, 2022
99 replied to Mike's discussion SPO 7500 Users?
"please keep me updated about oximeters "
Dec 4, 2021
Stefan updated their profile
Sep 16, 2019
Profile IconBLev and bruce david joined SleepGuide
Aug 21, 2019
Wanted to give you all a head's up that the American Academy of Sleep Medicine is having its annual Sleep meeting in San Antonio from June 5-9, 2010. Lots of advance notice. I hope to go. Would be good to see some familiar faces from the forum there as well.

Views: 66

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Keep in mind that this is a medical meeting that is a heavy duty paid registration. I've attended for years because I've helped work at the American Sleep Apnea Association exhibit booth, but to fully attend can cost up to $400 (meetings and exhibits), not counting travel expenses. This annual scientific meeting of the sleep physicians and a related meeting for sleep technologists is aimed at their professional education and is not a meeting for patients in general.

Sorry to be discouraging, but I don't want anyone in the San Antonio or Texas area to think you can just walk in and see the exhibits.

Dave
Good point. Didn't think of that.

Dave Hargett said:
Keep in mind that this is a medical meeting that is a heavy duty paid registration. I've attended for years because I've helped work at the American Sleep Apnea Association exhibit booth, but to fully attend can cost up to $400 (meetings and exhibits), not counting travel expenses. This annual scientific meeting of the sleep physicians and a related meeting for sleep technologists is aimed at their professional education and is not a meeting for patients in general. Sorry to be discouraging, but I don't want anyone in the San Antonio or Texas area to think you can just walk in and see the exhibits.

Dave
I want to go, but it is a $2000 dollar trip once everyhting is said and done. With my wife back in school I do not think it is going to happen.
I plan on being there if possible. I am a member of the AASM. I truly enjoy learning the latest developments in sleep medicine. I hope to meet you there Mike, and you too Dave.
Coming up in a couple weeks is MedTrade in Atlanta and that also has some great information shared on Sleep.

Karen
I am interviewing with a facilty 45 minutes from San Antonio... that would be great!
Rock, how'd you come up with the $2000 trip piece? I'd love to go to this.

Susan McCord

Rock Hinkle said:
I want to go, but it is a $2000 dollar trip once everyhting is said and done. With my wife back in school I do not think it is going to happen.
My wife & I plan to go to SLEEP next year as a little vacation w/ a partial tax write off. She's never been to San Antonio, I I haven't been there since high school. SLEEP draws a relatively scientific crowd. I have enjoyed it in Seattle, Nashville, & I think once in Atlanta.

Medtrade is usually here in Atlanta, so I go most every year. Less science, more commerce, drawing every vendor in any way related to homecare. Some PAP, and also oxygen, wheelchairs, beds, adult diapers, magnet therapy, etc. it's a hoot to walk every aisle, gathering freebies. It has more of a swap meet feel than SLEEP. Last year I got about 35 free masks that I used as AWAKE door prizes, for indigent patients, etc.
We Rocks travel in style!

susan mccord said:

Susan McCord

Rock Hinkle said:
$400-500 for the convention itself, $100-500 for travel expenses (depending on what kind if deal you get). at least $100 a night for room and board x4-5 days at least + spending money. $2000 dollars may be a low bid. We Rocks do like to travel in style.

susan mccord said:

Susan McCord

Rock Hinkle said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by The SleepGuide Crew.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service