Join Our Newsletter

New? Free Sign Up

Then check our Welcome Center to a Community Caring about Sleep Apnea diagnosis and Sleep Apnea treatment:

CPAP machines, Sleep Apnea surgery and dental appliances.

CPAP Supplies

Latest Activity

Steven B. Ronsen updated their profile
Mar 5
Dan Lyons updated their profile
Mar 7, 2022
99 replied to Mike's discussion SPO 7500 Users?
"please keep me updated about oximeters "
Dec 4, 2021
Stefan updated their profile
Sep 16, 2019
Profile IconBLev and bruce david joined SleepGuide
Aug 21, 2019

MISS ELIZA MARIE GOLDMAN ARRIVED SAFELY INTO THIS WORLD TONIGHT AT 7:01 P.M. !!!!!!!

MIKE AND MELINDA ARE PROUD AND HAPPY TO ANNOUNCE THE BIRTH OF THEIR BRAND-NEW LITTLE DAUGHTER!!

WELL, NOT SO LITTLE, REALLY! SHE WEIGHED IN AT 7# 14 OZ., IS 21.5 INCHES LONG !!!

HER PROUD DADDY SAYS SHE HAS "LOTS OF HAIR" !!!

For those of you who are new, or didn't know about this little one on the way, Mike is the Creator and Webmaster of SleepGuide.

His dream of having this website was born out of HIS being diagnosed with OSA.

MIKE, IF YOU'RE READING THIS, WE ALL WISH YOU AND MELINDA, AND ELIZA !, THE VERY BEST AS YOU MOVE INTO THE MOST EXCITING TIME IN YOUR LIVES.

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Views: 158

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You hijacked NOTHING, Jeffrey. I told Carol that song was the second thing to make me cry today. Eliza was the first (that new picture did it!), your song was next, and then Carol finished off my day with another one!!!

I don't care WHAT the impetus was for writing it, it captured the moment of birth to a T--been there twice and I'll never get over it.....you even described the way a baby usually is moving when its born--arms flailing, crying, agitated--it must be quite a trial. Probably a good thing we don't remember our own!!

I can't imagine why a parent would find it disturbing......but everyone sees things through a different set of lenses. You must have been a daddy in another lifetime or something.....

THANK YOU for the link--I'm gonna take my computer-impaired self onto it and see if I can capture you for eternity!!

And you're right--it DID go with what you said about Mike's baby. Exactly.....he saw your post and liked it a lot.

Susan McCord :-)

j n k said:
Having a child must be an amazing experience! That little one is blessed to have such amazing parents.

Thanks for the kind words on the song. I didn't mean to hijack the thread, I just thought the song sort of fit in to my comment. Some parents have told me they love the song; others have found it somehow disturbing. I wrote it when a friend of mine was going through some major life changes, so I used childbirth as a way to illustrate the need to resist the urge to look back and the need to find ways to get past the discomforts life in this world can throw at us.

Susan, you can download a free mp3 of any of my songs at my virb homepage ( http://virb.com/jeffreynelson ) by simply clicking where it says "mp3" next to a song. (The downloaded mp3 will be higher quality than the streaming version of the song that plays at the site.) You can see the lyrics by clicking on the plus sign. (All my music is free to download and pass on, by the way. I only call them "demo versions" to protect the rights, to keep others from using them for profit.) Hope that helps.

Again, sorry for hijacking. But I'm glad you two liked the song.

jeff
Jeff, I left you a PM re: website

McCord

susan mccord said:
You hijacked NOTHING, Jeffrey. I told Carol that song was the second thing to make me cry today. Eliza was the first (that new picture did it!), your song was next, and then Carol finished off my day with another one!!!

I don't care WHAT the impetus was for writing it, it captured the moment of birth to a T--been there twice and I'll never get over it.....you even described the way a baby usually is moving when its born--arms flailing, crying, agitated--it must be quite a trial. Probably a good thing we don't remember our own!!

I can't imagine why a parent would find it disturbing......but everyone sees things through a different set of lenses. You must have been a daddy in another lifetime or something.....

THANK YOU for the link--I'm gonna take my computer-impaired self onto it and see if I can capture you for eternity!!

And you're right--it DID go with what you said about Mike's baby. Exactly.....he saw your post and liked it a lot.

j n k said:
Having a child must be an amazing experience! That little one is blessed to have such amazing parents.

Thanks for the kind words on the song. I didn't mean to hijack the thread, I just thought the song sort of fit in to my comment. Some parents have told me they love the song; others have found it somehow disturbing. I wrote it when a friend of mine was going through some major life changes, so I used childbirth as a way to illustrate the need to resist the urge to look back and the need to find ways to get past the discomforts life in this world can throw at us.

Susan, you can download a free mp3 of any of my songs at my virb homepage ( http://virb.com/jeffreynelson ) by simply clicking where it says "mp3" next to a song. (The downloaded mp3 will be higher quality than the streaming version of the song that plays at the site.) You can see the lyrics by clicking on the plus sign. (All my music is free to download and pass on, by the way. I only call them "demo versions" to protect the rights, to keep others from using them for profit.) Hope that helps.

Again, sorry for hijacking. But I'm glad you two liked the song.

jeff
sm
She is absolutely beautiful!!

Mike said:
here's one where she's almost 2 days old!

sm
That is probably the cutest baby I have ever seen!!!

Sleepguide is going to have to include sleep deprivation caused by cute new babies. I personally have yet to find a "cure" to this. Let me know if you do Mike.

Saz
sm
Congratulations! If you don't already have kids your going to love it! Just today I was watching my 6yr old, April, at the play area in the mall and she was so big. I loved watching the little babies and I miss it. Kid's are so great, just today at the check out April saw a copy of of "Living" magazine. It had a picture of a delicious looking roasted turkey and she said to me.."Mom, why does it say living....it's dead!". God I love it!!!

susan mccord said:
sm
sm
Hi-- wonder if anyone has heard from Mike...just wondering how he and his growing family are doing?
Hi Jan--yes, I'm in touch with Mike most days. They're doing well. Melinda and Eliza went home this past Tuesday and she's keeping them busy, busy, busy, as you can well imagine!!!

They're just thrilled to death with her. She's a good baby and thriving. They're pretty much Sleepless in Seattle!!!

Susan-- thanks so much for the update-- glad to hear that all is going well!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by The SleepGuide Crew.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service