Join Our Newsletter

New? Free Sign Up

Then check our Welcome Center to a Community Caring about Sleep Apnea diagnosis and Sleep Apnea treatment:

CPAP machines, Sleep Apnea surgery and dental appliances.

CPAP Supplies

Latest Activity

Steven B. Ronsen updated their profile
Mar 5
Dan Lyons updated their profile
Mar 7, 2022
99 replied to Mike's discussion SPO 7500 Users?
"please keep me updated about oximeters "
Dec 4, 2021
Stefan updated their profile
Sep 16, 2019
Profile IconBLev and bruce david joined SleepGuide
Aug 21, 2019
HI there, everyone. What a really neat place for people with sleep apnea! My name is Josh and I live in Minnesota. I was diagnosed with sleep apnea about 2-3 years ago. They told me I have a "mild case", but it does not feel that way. I just started using my CPAP machine, again, after not using it for about 1-2 years. It is so hard to get back into it. Even when I did use it, I did not feel much of a difference then. I just got a new mask, it is a Aclaim 2 Nasal Mask. I have used it for 2 nights and did not sleep good at all last night. It really hurts the bottom of my nose, the part that turns into your lip. It feels like there is a big gash there, but there isn't. It is actually comfortable to move around in while sleeping compared to the other 2 I have tried. My pressure is set at a 5 and climbs to 10.
I really want to feel better as I am always tired. No matter what time I go to bed I always wake up about 5 am and I get SO tired between noon and 1 pm. I pretty much take a nap every single day because of getting so tired.

I hope to meet some nice people from here and maybe learn some good tips and tricks to help me.

Thanks for reading,

Josh

Views: 73

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

how do you turn on Efficacy Data if it was, in fact, shut off by the provider?

Judy said:
Welcome to the forum, Josh. You have one heck of a good xPAP there w/that Resmed S8 AutoSet Vantage. I have one too. Altho I've been switched to a bi-level PAP, a Resmed VPAP Auto.

Do you know how to access data from your AutoSet Vantage? If not, try this:

Press the Left and Right buttons and hold for 4-5 seconds. Efficacy Data should appear on the LCD screen. If it does then its a simple matter to access quite a bit of data. The button pushes are pretty self-explanatory. Left button to Enter, Right button to Exit, Up button to return to the previous screen, Down button to proceed to the next screen. You can NOT accidentally or intentionally change your therapy settings from this advance patient menu. If Efficacy Data doesn't appear on the LCD screen then access was not turned on by your provider.

You HAVE to access the night's Efficacy Data BEFORE noon. These xPAPs have an internal, twenty four hour, noon to noon clock. At noon the previous night's data is rolled over into the total averages. However, you can still access the week's, months', six months' and year's averages after you've been using your AutoSet Vantage long enough.

The Pressure reported on the LCD screen from the Efficacy Data menu is the pressure AT OR BELOW which you spent 95% of the night, the same holds true for the reported Leak rate. Do you still have the Users Manual for your AutoSet Vantage or have you misplaced it? Do you still have the literature that came w/your mask or have you misplaced that as well?
You would have to know how to get into the Clinicians Menu to turn on access to the advanced patient menu. You have to be extremely careful in the Clinicians Menu that you don't accidentlaly change your therapy settings. It is best if you ask your DME supplier to turn access to the advanced patient menu fon or you or to ask your sleep doctor to script access to the advanced patient menu. If he does so the DME supplier has no option but to honor that script and turn the access on.
Sorry Judy, I have been evaluating sleep. Welcome Josh. Your numbers look great. The masks can be the biggest part of the deal. These guys gave you some great advice. I noticed on one of the other post that you are only sleeping about 6 hours a night? I am guessing that your are feeling very tired durring the day. I would suggest that you TRY to arrange your schedule so that you can get closer to 7-8 if possible. It is very important that in that we start working widdling away at the sleep debt that you have accumulated. This will get easier as you get used to the CPAP. I know that in the beginning it is hard, but in the next couple of weeks the more you can sleep with the CPAP the faster you are going to repay your sleep debt and began to feel better,

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by The SleepGuide Crew.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service