Join Our Newsletter

New? Free Sign Up

Then check our Welcome Center to a Community Caring about Sleep Apnea diagnosis and Sleep Apnea treatment:

CPAP machines, Sleep Apnea surgery and dental appliances.

CPAP Supplies

Latest Activity

Steven B. Ronsen updated their profile
Mar 5
Dan Lyons updated their profile
Mar 7, 2022
99 replied to Mike's discussion SPO 7500 Users?
"please keep me updated about oximeters "
Dec 4, 2021
Stefan updated their profile
Sep 16, 2019
Profile IconBLev and bruce david joined SleepGuide
Aug 21, 2019
I would count myself in the ranks of those 100% compliant -- meaning that, with very few exceptions, I use my machine every single night, all night, and whenever I take a nap.

Hopefully I'm not alone. What about everyone else?

Views: 396

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yep. LOVE my CPAP. When they made me sleep without it to redo my sleep study this last June it was hell. I couldn't sleep hardly at all. I use mine for naps too. I just don't really sleep without it.

Now my husband just got diagnosed and is on cpap too. He's got a good role model in me! He's doing pretty well now that he's on a full face mask.
I have never missed a night of sleep since I started using CPAP. Rarely have naps now and when I do, they are unplanned so I do not use the CPAP. Sleeping upright 10-15 minutes in a Laxy Boy chair is so comfy I rarely snore or have problems.
I can't imagine not using my machine, after 3 1/2 years, even though I lost about 20lbs, I haven't gone in to get re-tested
because if I don't wear it and fall asleep, especially on my back, I snort immediately and wake myself up so I don't need a technician and the cost to tell me what I already know. I use it 100%, always will, wherever I go I will take it.

Richard Neider said:
I have never missed a night of sleep since I started using CPAP. Rarely have naps now and when I do, they are unplanned so I do not use the CPAP. Sleeping upright 10-15 minutes in a Laxy Boy chair is so comfy I rarely snore or have problems.
I would love to be compliant ,but have tried many many masks, and even with alternating masks b/c of pressure points etc, it is still torture !
I have been 100% compliant since about the third night having my CPAP (that was two years ago). I wear it all night long and never leave home without it for weekend outings.
I'm 100% compliant. I have added Pad-a-Cheek and a CPAP pillow to the supplies I'm never without. When I traveled by plane to visit my daughter a few weeks ago, my machine was my carryon. My daughter and I were discussing how it used to be with me when I visited. I'd wake up maybe 5 to 6 times a night to go to the bathroom and felt terrible the next morning. Now I wake up rested. I rarely take naps now, but when I do I'm always compliant. It's made a real difference. Now that I've gotten it comfortable with the padding and pillow, just getting all hooked up makes me sleepy.
Linda, you can have a "carry on" bag and your pap with you on the plane. The pap is necessary medical equipment and does not count as "carry on".

Linda Brown said:
I'm 100% compliant. I have added Pad-a-Cheek and a CPAP pillow to the supplies I'm never without. When I traveled by plane to visit my daughter a few weeks ago, my machine was my carryon. My daughter and I were discussing how it used to be with me when I visited. I'd wake up maybe 5 to 6 times a night to go to the bathroom and felt terrible the next morning. Now I wake up rested. I rarely take naps now, but when I do I'm always compliant. It's made a real difference. Now that I've gotten it comfortable with the padding and pillow, just getting all hooked up makes me sleepy.
I thought of myself as being 100% compliant. But after doing a compliance download on myself it showed my compliance at only being 78%. That was not only an eye opener for me but it also helped me be a little more understanding to my patients who are new to PAP therapy and haven't hit that golden 70% mark. Compliance is measured by the percentage of days you wear the PAP device for 4 hours or more in an unbroken stretch, (what's considered a good sleep session). I would suggest all of us to have their PAP device downloaded to see what your "Actual compliance" is. I would lay bets that only 7-10% of users have a 100% compliant result. But anything over 70% is considered good. Of course the higher the better. Just think of it as the percentage of nights you didn't damage your heart.

I've been a APAP user and dispenser of PAP devices for 7 years. I am a huge advocate of PAP therapy. And to coin a phrase. I feel it's the "Organic cure to heart failure". Copy rights to that phrase pending. lol

Neal
Not only a provider of PAP but I'm also a client. Now if only the hair club for men would release that phrase. lol
A belated welcome to sleepguide, Neal Buckner!

Naughty boy, tho!!! Only 70% compliance rate for you?? Tsk, tsk. I gotchya beat by a L-O-N-G shot and the proof to back up my claim. *wicked grin*

But your record is encouagement for those still struggling to be and remain compliant.
lol. no no no. I was at 78%. And I will be the first to admit that to my patients. What it showed me thought was that I need to pay far more attention to my own usage before I can preach to my non compliant patients. And it makes them feel better knowing that it's not as easy as some may say. I will do another download in a few more days to see where I'm at now.

Neal

Judy said:
A belated welcome to sleepguide, Neal Buckner!

Naughty boy, tho!!! Only 70% compliance rate for you?? Tsk, tsk. I gotchya beat by a L-O-N-G shot and the proof to back up my claim. *wicked grin*

But your record is encouagement for those still struggling to be and remain compliant.
Well, I can honestly say I'm 100% compliant. I've used it every night, all night, since I got it.

Yesterday.

;)
Man, I must be a BAD girl. How did you all wear your nasal pillows with a sinus infection? The pressure setting on my Auto PAP is 9-12...that amount of air jetting into my infected sinuses KILLED. I couldn't wear my mask. I am on the hunt for a full face mask for times like that when I am sick. I aim for progress not perfection. :>D Guess I will have to start a "Less than 100%" Club. b

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by The SleepGuide Crew.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service