Join Our Newsletter

New? Free Sign Up

Then check our Welcome Center to a Community Caring about Sleep Apnea diagnosis and Sleep Apnea treatment:

CPAP machines, Sleep Apnea surgery and dental appliances.

CPAP Supplies

Latest Activity

Steven B. Ronsen updated their profile
Mar 5
Dan Lyons updated their profile
Mar 7, 2022
99 replied to Mike's discussion SPO 7500 Users?
"please keep me updated about oximeters "
Dec 4, 2021
Stefan updated their profile
Sep 16, 2019
Profile IconBLev and bruce david joined SleepGuide
Aug 21, 2019
I would count myself in the ranks of those 100% compliant -- meaning that, with very few exceptions, I use my machine every single night, all night, and whenever I take a nap.

Hopefully I'm not alone. What about everyone else?

Views: 394

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

100% compliant here, for almost 10 years. If I attempt to nap w/o CPAP, my snoring wakes me up!
I just heard about a women dying from sleep apnea. I know it's very dangerous if you don't take care of it. BUT, I have
allergies, and at night my nose gets pluged up. Putting on the Mask doesn't help. I feel like I'm suffocating. SO, I have not been using it. I have pills for my allergies, but it doesn't seem to help me at night. My doctor told me to use the Neti Pot to help clean out all of the allergens. That helps, but then the drainage starts and back to square one.

Does anyone else have this problem? I really don't want to wake up dead.

Mack D Jones, MD, SAAN said:
In my book, Deadly Sleep, I stress the importance of 100% compliance with your PAP machine. Anything less, and you are taking the risk of being 100% dead.
do it a couple of hours earlier
that is the nettipotti
I am probably around 98 to 99% comlaint.
I feel asleep this AM without mask.. wife woke me up and said I cant stand it out on your mask!...oops
I want to be, but I hate feeling so tied down and confined by my mask & machine.
Well. I guess when you talk about in bed sleep time, I always have my mask on. Although, I don't sleep much. I have only been getting 3 or 4 hours sleep a night. I now have an AutoSV machine. They claim I have so many episodes a night, A Bi-Pap machine is not enough. If I sit down, I fall asleep. No matter where sit is.

Tim said:
I have been 100% compliant for about 14.years. Other than a few times when I fell asleep watching TV, I can't think of any exceptions where I slept without CPAP.
Joseph, you can ask your doctor about using a stimulant for excessive daytime sleepiness. Some folks with OSA never get over it, but sleeping only 3-4 hours a night...wow.
I took Provigil and now take Nuvigil. Right now I've been having some trouble sleeping and I take benadryl (50mg) to help me get to sleep and stay asleep.
I still wear my mask 100% of the time I'm sleeping.
Good luck, Joseph,

Mary Z.

Joseph Briggs said:
Well. I guess when you talk about in bed sleep time, I always have my mask on. Although, I don't sleep much. I have only been getting 3 or 4 hours sleep a night. I now have an AutoSV machine. They claim I have so many episodes a night, A Bi-Pap
Can't sleep with out mine. When the power goes out, I wake up. I've taken naps without and wake feeling like a truck ran over me.
I'm at 100%. I started in March 2009. I can attribute this to a few factors. 1) SleepGuide "friends" with excellent tips for a new CPAP'r like PadACheek, 2) Getting the software to help me learn my first mask was leaking and that was why it was bothering me, 3) Determination - I learned from the experienced people....that it would take a little getting used to...so stick with it.

I like feeling like I have energy again.....no major headaches (hangover feeling) in the mornings anymore and my husband is also sleeping better!
So far 100% compliant even though its only been 8 days. I already feel my energy coming back and no need for naps. I have had to make a few adjustments with humidity, mask, etc, but its been a positive experience and I know I would not want to sleep without it now. This website has been a big help in getting information and tips and that goes a long way when you are a newbie to the cpap world.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by The SleepGuide Crew.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service