Join Our Newsletter

New? Free Sign Up

Then check our Welcome Center to a Community Caring about Sleep Apnea diagnosis and Sleep Apnea treatment:

CPAP machines, Sleep Apnea surgery and dental appliances.

CPAP Supplies

Latest Activity

Steven B. Ronsen updated their profile
Mar 5
Dan Lyons updated their profile
Mar 7, 2022
99 replied to Mike's discussion SPO 7500 Users?
"please keep me updated about oximeters "
Dec 4, 2021
Stefan updated their profile
Sep 16, 2019
Profile IconBLev and bruce david joined SleepGuide
Aug 21, 2019
I'm hearing that there's a Polysomnographic Technologists Bill being sponsored in New York.  Told that if it doesn't pass many techs will lose their jobs.  Why?   

Views: 536

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is what is hopefully going to happen in all states regarding sleep eventually. I believe that we are getting ready to pursue the same thing here in Indiana. At least that is what I have been told.
could have asked you the same question, Judy... lol. the reason i was up at 4:30 am was two-fold: 1. i got robbed of an hour by Daylight Savings, so it was really "only" 3:30 am; and 2. my wife and baby were asleep so it was a quiet time when i could actually get some work done.

Judy said:
Ahhhhh. That saves me having to move to NY!!!!

And what the devil are you doing up at this unGodly hour, Michael???
Well, I just flat wasn't sleeping phershtunga. I don't know that I ever got past Stage 1 all night. Well, the roughly two hour session I tried to sleep and the roughly 2-3 hour session I tried to sleep. And I haven't got the slightest idea WHY.
from what i have read in this thread it is all about money
fleecing the practitioner
another source of revenue
under the guise of standards
the word politics comes from policy or police
and basicly means the art and science of manipulating people
that is not the job on offer mike and i encoarage you to perhaps apply for that position
it is a bit like saying
to register to be mechanic you pay a $300 for three year and every year you pay $50 before you can change the oil or spark plugs or pump air into my tires
The opposite of progress is congress

99 said:
the word politics comes from policy or police
and basicly means the art and science of manipulating people
that is not the job on offer mike and i encoarage you to perhaps apply for that position
there i a need to propose a new bill to regulate politians and for them to be licenced
and a three yearly fee and a yearly fee simular to what is proposed for the polysomnographic technolihists bill but a much higher threshold in fees
You would want to get involved in your state because if we do not allow RPSGTs to do sleep studies then many sleep labs will close or have very long waits as there are not enough RRTs CRTs who are into sleep
From what I have heard most states are getting ready to fight for state licensure of polysomnography. The biggest hurdle is that most of these state sleep societies are on their own with very little support from the national level.
Do not look at it as politics, but instead pt advocacy.
And who the h*ll wants an RRT or CRT doing our evaulation and titrations PSGs?? Most of the local DME provider's RRTs cannot even give accurate, truthful, support advice and education or mask fitting!

Well, maybe not MOST. Sometimes we have to remind ourselves we are in the MINORITY of xPAP users and most those of us in the apnea support forums are here BECAUSE we didn't receive the proper mask fitting, fully data capable xPAP, advice, support and education from our local DME provider's RRTs and our sleep doctors.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by The SleepGuide Crew.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service