Join Our Newsletter

New? Free Sign Up

Then check our Welcome Center to a Community Caring about Sleep Apnea diagnosis and Sleep Apnea treatment:

CPAP machines, Sleep Apnea surgery and dental appliances.

CPAP Supplies

Latest Activity

Steven B. Ronsen updated their profile
Mar 5
Dan Lyons updated their profile
Mar 7, 2022
99 replied to Mike's discussion SPO 7500 Users?
"please keep me updated about oximeters "
Dec 4, 2021
Stefan updated their profile
Sep 16, 2019
Profile IconBLev and bruce david joined SleepGuide
Aug 21, 2019

Stuffy Nose and Sleep Apnea? Dr. Steven Park Dedicated Thread

Unblocking Your Stuffy Nose
Exciting news for CPAP users and others who suffer from Sinus problems! Join us from 8 pm to 9 pm (Eastern Standard Time) on Tuesday, May 3d  at http://www.sleepguide.com/forum/topics/stuffy-nose-and-sleep-apnea-dr/ to ask Dr. Steven Y. Park all your questions about how to unblock your stuffy nose.  

In addition to being a regular SleepGuide.com member and contributor, Dr. Park is a noted otolaryngologist and author of the book, "Sleep, Interrupted: A Physician Reveals The #1 Reason Why So Many Of Us Are Sick And Tired" which has been endorsed by New York Times best-selling authors Christiane Northrup, M.D., Dean Ornish, M.D., Mark Liponis, M.D., and Mary Shomon. 

From 8 pm to 9 pm (Eastern Standard Time) on Tuesday, May 3d  at http://www.sleepguide.com/forum/topics/stuffy-nose-and-sleep-apnea-dr/ Dr. Park will respond to as many questions on the thread as possible.  

Dr. Park is a Clinical Assistant Professor of Otolaryngology at the New York Medical College.  His website is at www.doctorstevenpark.com

Views: 1711

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Dr Park ,   What is your favorite sanitizer for cpap mask and hoses and humidifier tanks ? Thankyou,Chris
My understanding is that basic soap and warm water is good enough. But I'm sure different people have different opinions about this....

this is something we discussed before, but wondering what your current thinking is: if you could put together the ideal "dream team" interdisciplinary team of physicians, professionals, and para-professionals, etc. to diagnose and treat sleep breathing disorders, which types of people would be on it and why?

also, how critical is taking an interdisciplinary approach?

I would have a sleep doctor that truly understands upper airway anatomy, an otolaryngologist, a dentist that not only does mandibular advancement devices, but also other types of appliances that can either widen the jaws or promote proper tongue position, sleep techs, DME, and maybe even an oral surgeon, all under one roof. 

The way sleep apnea care is set up, it's very fragmented. Sleep apnea is a chronic medical condition to be taken as seriously as cancer. Yes, cancer. The top cancer hospitals have an interdisciplinary approach, as sleep apnea should be no different

Thank you.  We are approaching the appointed time to close the thread: 9 PM.  Are there any final questions tonight for Dr. Park?
How often do you recommend that we see our Dr regarding our CPAP settings and how we are doing?

I have numerous things wrong with my sinus's.  I small air sak (cannot recall the technical name), slight deviated septum and thickening in the turbines (I think that is right).  We were thinking this was what was causing chronic headaches (been going on all my life, but have had a headache for the last 6 months every day from a 2 to an 8 on a scale of 1-10).  ENT says no. 

I also started using an NTI mouth guard at least a month ago. 

ENT said he can fix these things but that I need to see neuro.  I just got done with MRI and no tumors, in the mean time found out I have enlarged Optic Nerves so the Neuro wants me to go in for Lumbar Puncture. 

I would like to feel like I can completely breath through my nose especially at night with CPAP and it is difficult.  I was prescribed Omnaris but I really don;t think it helped much. 

There's no ironclad rule, but at least once every 2-3 years, or if your weight changes significantly, or your sleep quality is not what it used to be with CPAP. If you have full data capabilities, it's a lot easier to track.
Dr. Park, to keep with our schedule, presume we should make Marianne's question the last. Up to you how much to participate on this thread if there are questions in days and weeks ahead.

Sounds good. I've set it up to email me if anyone asks another question, so you can always post your question long after we're finished. 

Thanks for having me, Mike. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Thank you for your tireless efforts on behalf of Sleep Apnea patients, Dr. Park, and your ongoing valuable contributions to the SleepGuide forum. 

Remember to check out Dr. Park's website at www.DoctorStevenPark.com for more information.

Ok, so I did not get an answer of any kind.  I will keep looking for one. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by The SleepGuide Crew.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service