Join Our Newsletter

New? Free Sign Up

Then check our Welcome Center to a Community Caring about Sleep Apnea diagnosis and Sleep Apnea treatment:

CPAP machines, Sleep Apnea surgery and dental appliances.

CPAP Supplies

Latest Activity

Steven B. Ronsen updated their profile
Mar 5
Dan Lyons updated their profile
Mar 7, 2022
99 replied to Mike's discussion SPO 7500 Users?
"please keep me updated about oximeters "
Dec 4, 2021
Stefan updated their profile
Sep 16, 2019
Profile IconBLev and bruce david joined SleepGuide
Aug 21, 2019

Let's pop the cork on this bad boy.  I think that the bill has alot of good qualities. I am not to happy about insurance now being mandatory. What do you guys think?

Does anyone have a copy of the amended bill?

Views: 140

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I grew up in a very strict democrat family. Middle calss union family and all. My grandmother still votes a straight dem. ticket. I on the other hand have seen the problems that this can cause. You have to look at the individuals. It is hard not to ream either side Renee. There are so many mistakes being made on both ends. There are also good things happening on both sides. Indiana is republican controlled. My man Mitch is doing one hell of a job here. Indy was just voted the best place to find a job in the country. We are the 2nd largest conference city in the country. The republicans have this state moving forward. I will continue to support them.

With that said the republicans tempor tantrums at the national level are making it tough not to be a democrat. When one party is getting results, and the other is lying on the floor kicking and screaming who do you support? With the republicans putting up names like Limbaugh, and yet again with McCain. Sen. McCain jumps the fence more than any other politician I have ever seen. Rush Limbaugh I mean come on who is going to run with Howard Stern? I will vote for the best person for the job in my opinion. I will support the person that brings our troops home, fixes healthcare, provides jobs, and attacks the illegal immigrant problem. I mean bringing our troops home and putting them at the boarders would solve 2 of these problems. Right now the republicans seem to be more hellbent on controlling the money in the middleast than fixing our problems at home. Just my opinion though. The Dems may have their hands in the medical industry, but the repubs are covered in oil.
sigh....wonder what everyone is going with their DBS when W leaves this earthly plain.... perhaps the rattlesnake should be their new logo, but I also think that the jack-ass is perfect for the other band of moonbats in our nation's capital.

Judy said:
No. Well...... yes. The Republicans are the stubborn a$$e$. Its become such a mean, petty, vicious collection of politicians since they adopted BushBaby as their leader. Before they were just the usual crooked politicians. The rattlesnake ought to be their party logo now.
I can only hope that SOON the adults of this country will start to finally realize that, for the vast majority, the folks in DC are only their to help themselves.... I'm all for bringing to fruitation some sort of US political/history test before verified citizens are allowed to enter the voting booths...and their should be a practical portion also :)
Hey Rock ~

You asked me a question in your post . . . may be the last time you ever do that . . .

I was one who voted, not only in EVERY general election, but in every primary election as well. And, I am very sad to say that 2008 – even though it may seem that there was such a big choice between Obama and McCain – was the very 1st time in 39 years that I found I could not vote. Needless to say, I couldn’t vote for McCain but I felt very strongly that I could not trust Obama. And I must say that I felt very alone in that camp . . . the bandwagon was very loud and I was quite ostracized. However, I thought he was saying what “everyone” “wanted to hear”. And what he was saying always struck me as a pep rally rather than reality. I wanted to believe but I just couldn’t. It continued to ring hollow to me and so I remained alone and sad. I thought and felt that he would not know where he stood on issues in office, would swaddle a middle ground, switch when convenient or when circumstances required or, as he would say: because it would be necessary to get “something done” and / or because he would be required to do so by interests supporting him – primarily the financial and health care industries. And I felt the dems were going to support Obama in order to get back into office in 2010. I thought and felt prior to the 2008 election that it was the LARGEST buyout by lobbyists and interests BY FAR that we have encountered in our nation’s history. I suppose I felt the – financial and mortgage crisis, tremendous loss of jobs, gruesome loss of home, heartbreaking family and individual loss – coming. I couldn’t vote for the people that I, not only didn’t trust, but that I thought were not telling the truth ( I believe I was rather kind in that expression ). And I couldn’t vote and feel that I would be in any way responsible for putting in office this time even, at least, the “better of the 2” – because the “better of the 2” – for president and for my congressional reps – were, as far as I was concerned, going to do harm to the people.

I won’t speak about the freshmen congressmen/women – but, the incumbents, I feel, especially in the financial areas, had to have seen this financial crisis coming over the last decade – and if not, they are TOO totally incompetent to remain in office. And, Obama, placed in office: Geithner, Bernanke and Summers, who have been very involved throughout this time that the systemic changes have been championed that created the “house of cards” for which the middle and lower class are, and for a very long time will be, paying.

And the health “insurance” ( rather than health "care" ) reform establishes 30 million MANDATED new customers without requiring any form of competing insurance competition to the current large insurance companies. So, in 2014, there are going to be health care “exchanges”. What the hell, excuse me, heck, are health care “exchanges”? – other than a conglomerate consisting of the same large insurance companies currently available. If the insurance companies did not reduce their rates over all these years to entice millions of individual members and small businesses, and in 2014 they will have 30 million MANDATED to purchase insurance from them – and given that congress has voted to NOT take eliminate their antitrust status – WHY would they reduce their rates and suddenly get competitive? I don’t get the incentive. Maybe, “fix” rates a little lower . . . I don’t really think we should expect much more than that.

My reply is too long – so end of part 1 – part 2 coming right up . . .

Rock Hinkle said:
I grew up in a very strict democrat family. Middle calss union family and all. My grandmother still votes a straight dem. ticket. I on the other hand have seen the problems that this can cause. You have to look at the individuals. It is hard not to ream either side Renee. There are so many mistakes being made on both ends. There are also good things happening on both sides. Indiana is republican controlled. My man Mitch is doing one hell of a job here. Indy was just voted the best place to find a job in the country. We are the 2nd largest conference city in the country. The republicans have this state moving forward. I will continue to support them.

With that said the republicans tempor tantrums at the national level are making it tough not to be a democrat. When one party is getting results, and the other is lying on the floor kicking and screaming who do you support? With the republicans putting up names like Limbaugh, and yet again with McCain. Sen. McCain jumps the fence more than any other politician I have ever seen. Rush Limbaugh I mean come on who is going to run with Howard Stern? I will vote for the best person for the job in my opinion. I will support the person that brings our troops home, fixes healthcare, provides jobs, and attacks the illegal immigrant problem. I mean bringing our troops home and putting them at the boarders would solve 2 of these problems. Right now the republicans seem to be more hellbent on controlling the money in the middleast than fixing our problems at home. Just my opinion though. The Dems may have their hands in the medical industry, but the repubs are covered in oil.
The better of two evils???? Don't you mean more like FOR the LESSER of two evils? I haven't had anyone to voite FOR since John Kennedy, Gerald Ford and Bill Clinton. All the other elections I've just had to vote against the worse of the two evils.
Hi again Rock ~

continuing . . .

Frankly, I really don’t think you will EVER find a more idealistic person than me. You may find this hard to believe from this posting – but, it is so. Even, with all of these concerns, I am still looking for a way to turn to things around. I think it has to come by way of voting. I always voted democratic and couldn’t imagine that would ever change but now I am an independent and, like you, I will now vote for the person. Also, I used to vote by way of who was best for the job. Now, I’m thinking of having to vote maybe just to get people out of office – and hope that there will EVEN be a GOOD choice of a replacement. I don’t know if you know of him but I ALWAYS keep in mind Paul Wellstone of Minnesota . . . “the best of the best” in my estimation.

When one party is getting results, and the other is lying on the floor kicking and screaming who do you support? – you ask me. Well, first off, the republicans will have to stop saying “no” and pipe up about something before November, so I will know what they are “for” – otherwise I will have no reason to vote for republican representatives in my district.

As for the party getting results – it depends on the results. If the results are, in my opinion, too slanted to payback lobbyists / interests – and / or give too much or are too submission to large industries, eg: presently the financial and health industries – or are tilted to benefit class structure – all of the conditions that I’ve outlined – to the detriment or disadvantage of our people and nation as a whole – then there’s no advantage to the party getting results over the party of “no”. Alas, my dilemma in the 2008 election . . . seems my consternation, at least to my way of thinking and caring, in some major, came to pass . . .

Would you believe it . . . my reply is still too long – so end of part 2 – part 3 coming right up . . .

Rock Hinkle said:

the problems are just ginormous for any man or group of men and that is just one contry never mind the rest of the world
Hi again Rock ~

continuing, but, this time, I’m done !

I agree with you on so many issues . . . brings our troops home and, yes, get out of controlling, not only the money involved in oil – but the overall hegemonic empiric power grab by controlling the Middle East.

And, yes, provides jobs and attack the illegal immigrant problem. The Northeast has lost innumerable jobs in construction and landscaping, etc. for years because work that paid $8 to $18/hr for up to 25 years experience now pays minimum wage or less. And many have been let go from jobs because they don’t speak Spanish. The steep decline in salaries, benefits and working conditions resulting in the loss of millions of American jobs nationwide due to hiring illegal immigrants has created a great hardship in many industries. And adding millions of illegal immigrants – whether at the front or back of the line – What’s The Difference The Place In The Line ? That’s a CROCK ! – that, I think, will make official and permanent the tremendous disparity we have between the upper and middle and lower classes. I think if we want to salvage the vestiges of class parity in any way – we must recognize that we are on a precipice and then proceed as a people with an intelligent vision, strength, courage, honesty, compassion, and if not magnanity, then at least fairness . . . and I’ll allow you to add on from here . . .

Hey, Rock, you really got me going here . . .

Renee

Rock Hinkle said:

Hello Judy ~

If you mean because I wrote the: "better of the 2” . . . I guess I came at that, as I almost always seem to come at things from a positive point of view. So when it came time to vote, I wasn't looking at the "lesser of 2 evils", but trying to figure out the "better of the 2" in order to be able to get myself to the polls. They're pretty much the same thing, I expect. But, the end result was the same - for the first time, I couldn't find any representative available to me who I felt I could support with my vote who I didn't believe was not going to do enough wrong in office once elected. (I'm not sure whether or not I put enough double-negatives in that last sentence . . .) Anyway, with no glee, I have found that the representatives available to me have lived down to my expectations.

But, you, Judy, are marvelous . . . you actually read my post or, at least quickly scanned it ! Now that's something !

Best to you,
Renee

Judy said:
The better of two evils???? Don't you mean more like FOR the LESSER of two evils? I haven't had anyone to voite FOR since John Kennedy, Gerald Ford and Bill Clinton. All the other elections I've just had to vote against the worse of the two evils.
JFK, Gerry Ford and Slick Willie!!!! golly, talk about three stooges.... :)

Judy said:
Hey, our personal best years were under Gerry Ford!! I didn't think anyone could do worse than Richard Nixon. But then there was Ronald Reagan and his trickle down economics when we really started getting "peed on". And started becoming the "peons" we are today. And then eventually came BushBaby who wasn't satisfied w/"peeing" on us and who shoved our faces in the toilet w/o even the courtesy of a flush.
Drink less coffee Judy...:)

One Woman's (or Man's) best years are easily another's worse. My best years have nothing to do with what clown is in the people's White House. My best years are measured by the health/happiness of my family...both of which have squat to do with those in political office of any time period.
Now, if you want to talk about $$$ best years, my income as increased every year that I've been working (aside from my military years- but I got cool uniforms :)...but like the above, the yahoos in the White House didn't give me the jobs...
I choose to speak of our Country's best years...which personally we haven't seen since the day's of Calvin Coolidge when the business of America was business; pure, simple and all that is neccessary.
let me step off my soapbox before I get a nose bleed :)
Judy said:
Hey, our personal best years were under Gerry Ford!! I didn't think anyone could do worse than Richard Nixon. But then there was Ronald Reagan and his trickle down economics when we really started getting "peed on". And started becoming the "peons" we are today. And then eventually came BushBaby who wasn't satisfied w/"peeing" on us and who shoved our faces in the toilet w/o even the courtesy of a flush.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by The SleepGuide Crew.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service