Join Our Newsletter

New? Free Sign Up

Then check our Welcome Center to a Community Caring about Sleep Apnea diagnosis and Sleep Apnea treatment:

CPAP machines, Sleep Apnea surgery and dental appliances.

CPAP Supplies

Latest Activity

Steven B. Ronsen updated their profile
Mar 5
Dan Lyons updated their profile
Mar 7, 2022
99 replied to Mike's discussion SPO 7500 Users?
"please keep me updated about oximeters "
Dec 4, 2021
Stefan updated their profile
Sep 16, 2019
Profile IconBLev and bruce david joined SleepGuide
Aug 21, 2019
Why do the discussions keep getting shut down? Censorship is not what I signed on for. Regardless of the different views on this forum everyone's opinion deserves to be heard. Sometimes discussions need to be ugly to get to the bottom of the issue. Sometimes I am offended just like my views sometimes offend. if a discussion bothers you do not participate in that discussion. In particular I am talking about the post on demo masks. Why was this one shut down? it was turning into what I feel might have been a great one.

Views: 26

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I, too, am interested in the standards used for allowing a discussion to continue or not.
Me too!

McCord
Too bad! I'm new so didn't realize discussions were getting shut down. I think everyone on here is pretty darn good. We're all human and are going to disagree. Nothing wrong with that. I'm not personally offended if someone doesn't agree with me.

Who makes the decisions to shut down discussions?
There was some bug in the system that closed down the demo mask discussion. It was not intentionally shut down. In fact, once it came to my attention that it had been shut down, I re-opened it. Please PM me going forward whenever any discussion is shut down that you feel should not have been. Chances are you're right -- it should not have been! And I'll do whatever's in my power to re-open it.
by the way, there are very few types of discussions that will be shut down here. The SleepGuide Code of Conduct is very liberal:

SleepGuide Code of Conduct
Okay, I know we said we want you to have the freedom to express yourselves. And we do. But a few rules never hurt, right?
• Be nice! No flaming. Many posters come here for information, not to be called names.
• Please respect the different backgrounds and education of posters—especially when it comes to diverse perspectives on Sleep Apnea from patients and pros alike.
• No one needs to hear you correct them on proper grammar and spelling. Let’s talk Sleep Apnea, not the difference between affect and effect.
• Wanna talk about religion and race? Well, we don’t. We wanna talk about Sleep Apnea.
• Don’t gang up with other posters against one person. It’s not nice!
• Did I mention you should…talk about Sleep Apnea? Cool! Now get to it and have fun!

Mike said:
There was some bug in the system that closed down the demo mask discussion. It was not intentionally shut down. In fact, once it came to my attention that it had been shut down, I re-opened it. Please PM me going forward whenever any discussion is shut down that you feel should not have been. Chances are you're right -- it should not have been! And I'll do whatever's in my power to re-open it.
I think we can ALL agree that Mike's attentive to the overall needs of people on SleepGuide, including fixing glitches when they're brought to his attention, and VERY occasionally closing discussions that are truly inappropriate. But that rarely happens from what I've seen......

HE'S the one who says "Power to the People" !!!!!!!!!

Susan McCord

Mike said:
by the way, there are very few types of discussions that will be shut down here. The SleepGuide Code of Conduct is very liberal:

SleepGuide Code of Conduct
Okay, I know we said we want you to have the freedom to express yourselves. And we do. But a few rules never hurt, right?
• Be nice! No flaming. Many posters come here for information, not to be called names.
• Please respect the different backgrounds and education of posters—especially when it comes to diverse perspectives on Sleep Apnea from patients and pros alike.
• No one needs to hear you correct them on proper grammar and spelling. Let’s talk Sleep Apnea, not the difference between affect and effect.
• Wanna talk about religion and race? Well, we don’t. We wanna talk about Sleep Apnea.
• Don’t gang up with other posters against one person. It’s not nice!
• Did I mention you should…talk about Sleep Apnea? Cool! Now get to it and have fun!

Mike said:
Thanks Mike! i am glad that it was a glitch. You and Carol are very appreciated for all that you do.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by The SleepGuide Crew.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service