Join Our Newsletter

New? Free Sign Up

Then check our Welcome Center to a Community Caring about Sleep Apnea diagnosis and Sleep Apnea treatment:

CPAP machines, Sleep Apnea surgery and dental appliances.

CPAP Supplies

Latest Activity

Steven B. Ronsen updated their profile
Mar 5
Dan Lyons updated their profile
Mar 7, 2022
99 replied to Mike's discussion SPO 7500 Users?
"please keep me updated about oximeters "
Dec 4, 2021
Stefan updated their profile
Sep 16, 2019
Profile IconBLev and bruce david joined SleepGuide
Aug 21, 2019
I have been on a cpap for about 1 year and i still can't used to the mask. I've tried different mask and none of them seem to do the job. What can i do now. HELP!!!!!

Views: 89

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You have to keep trying different masks until you find the right one. What are your problems?
I feel like someone is putting there hand over my mouth and i just freak out. And the hose get's tangled up under me. It hurt's my face and i break out were the mask sit's on my face.

Rock Hinkle said:
You have to keep trying different masks until you find the right one. What are your problems?
Is your mask a straight nasal or nasal pillows? What is your pressure. Sorry I did not get back to you earlier I was working.
Try sitting and holding your mask during the day. Every time you think about your CPAP go turn it on and hold the mask up to your face. Remember to take a deep breath hold it place the mask into position and then exhale. The mask really is your friend it just takes some getting use to... also turn your hose to go over your head and against the headboard this should remedy the hose entanglement…..also if you are using a nasal only mask be sure and wear a chin strap. Opening your mouth while sleeping can increase the likelihood of apnea events.
by any chance are you claustrophobic and do you have ramp settings? sounds like pressure may be to low at first and i usually put hose over my head and leave slack under my pillow

Jerri Lynn Matta said:
I feel like someone is putting there hand over my mouth and i just freak out. And the hose get's tangled up under me. It hurt's my face and i break out were the mask sit's on my face.

Rock Hinkle said:
Yes I am claustrophobic and I don't know what my ramp setting is on.

wallace j smith jr said:
by any chance are you claustrophobic and do you have ramp settings? sounds like pressure may be to low at first and i usually put hose over my head and leave slack under my pillow

Jerri Lynn Matta said:

Rock Hinkle said:
My mask is a nose mask.

Rock Hinkle said:
Is your mask a straight nasal or nasal pillows? What is your pressure. Sorry I did not get back to you earlier I was working.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by The SleepGuide Crew.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service