Join Our Newsletter

New? Free Sign Up

Then check our Welcome Center to a Community Caring about Sleep Apnea diagnosis and Sleep Apnea treatment:

CPAP machines, Sleep Apnea surgery and dental appliances.

CPAP Supplies

Latest Activity

Steven B. Ronsen updated their profile
Mar 5
Dan Lyons updated their profile
Mar 7, 2022
99 replied to Mike's discussion SPO 7500 Users?
"please keep me updated about oximeters "
Dec 4, 2021
Stefan updated their profile
Sep 16, 2019
Profile IconBLev and bruce david joined SleepGuide
Aug 21, 2019

My DME called to say my Wisp had arrived.  Within 15 minutes I was back home with it.  It says to wash before use, so don't know if will be dry enough to try tonight.  But handling it and looking at it it looks like maybe be comfortable.   I hope so.  Updates after I use.

Views: 1747

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just realized my collar is 2 1/2" not 3!

Ginny Edmundson said:

yes I do.  I may try to find a 2 1/2" one though to see if I like it better.  Always something new to try!!!

K. S. said:

Ginny, Do you still wear your collar with the Wisp? Happy to hear you've recovered from such a dreadful fall and like the new mask. Katie (still wearing the 2 1/2 inch collar, the 3" was too big)

Yes, that was what I was thinking since you're the one that helped me realize that my collar was too big, and I should order the 2 1/2" !

Ginny,  Did you like the Pilairo at all?

Ginny Edmundson said:

I guess it could be that. I really, really am impressed with the mask. Even the headgear was simple and fast to fit. Like putting a pair of socks on!!!   :) Be interesting to see how durable it is. I see replacement seal on one website is $45. I have a call in to my DME to see if they will be covered twice a month by my insurance as my pillows were for the Pilairo. I don't like not having a spare.  Also, I am not sure who could wear the Petite size.  My face is very small and there is no way it would work.  I am using the small/medium size.

hifay said:

Ginny,  Did you like the Pilairo at all?

Ginny Edmundson said:

I guess it could be that. I really, really am impressed with the mask. Even the headgear was simple and fast to fit. Like putting a pair of socks on!!!   :) Be interesting to see how durable it is. I see replacement seal on one website is $45. I have a call in to my DME to see if they will be covered twice a month by my insurance as my pillows were for the Pilairo. I don't like not having a spare.  Also, I am not sure who could wear the Petite size.  My face is very small and there is no way it would work.  I am using the small/medium size.

7 day average AHI now down to 0.8.  I did raise the pressure (without consulting Doc!) by .5) when th eAHI seemed to go up.  I thought it was the new mask.  Not sure.  Will wait a while and may try setting back by .5 in a week or so.  Still liking the Wisp.  Very easy to clean, I like the connecting hose it has...longer than some and that is great to me. I will never use my Pilairo again.  If anyone wants one to try I can send it to you...

Good tweaking Ginny, very cautious by not going up too much and not tweaking everyday like some hotshots we read about.  A week is a good trial.  I don't always tell my doc what I'm doing and he doesn't even notice usually.  I'm gal the Wisp is still on  your good side.  I'm loving my gel nasal mask. That's a generous offer to let others it it out.

Mary

Guess that answers my question about the Pilairo and you Ginny.  It was truly a big waste of money for me. Maybe it would work on someone with a really high pressure, but that is not me. That is what bothered me about it. The people that should have known all about it must have known I would not be able to use it and they still pushed it.  No  hummingbird for me. It was a big hot blob stuck on my nose. I had to cut the strap on it and pin it. The no adjust idea is very stupid. I am looking at the Wisp.

I am looking for someone new to go to. I like the doctor but not the company he gets his supplies from. They are always making mistakes in their mail orders and they do not act like they know what they are doing when I see them at his office.

It seems to me that you should be able to pick what company you want to get your supplies. No hummingbird for me either.  Very HOT and sweaty, actually. Hope you like the Wisp.

hifay said:

Guess that answers my question about the Pilairo and you Ginny.  It was truly a big waste of money for me. Maybe it would work on someone with a really high pressure, but that is not me. That is what bothered me about it. The people that should have known all about it must have known I would not be able to use it and they still pushed it.  No  hummingbird for me. It was a big hot blob stuck on my nose. I had to cut the strap on it and pin it. The no adjust idea is very stupid. I am looking at the Wisp.

I am looking for someone new to go to. I like the doctor but not the company he gets his supplies from. They are always making mistakes in their mail orders and they do not act like they know what they are doing when I see them at his office.

I ordered a Wisp from my DME today.  Took them some time to find it in their resources, but it'll be on it's way! Excited that I maybe more comfortable.

It seems to be in short supply!   So O got cushions from my DME while they had them.   One cushion lasted about 2 months...may get some more use out of it than that, too. Must be a lot of people that like this little guy! I hope you like it.  Let us know.

Thanks for the heads up.  I will be back to share results and now that life as settled a little I'll be back more often.  Glad to hear the cushions are a little longer lasting than my present nasal mask.

Yes, the Pilairo seemed to only last about 2 weeks. The wisp is so easy to clean, too.  I stopped using my humidifier and I was surprised that my nose feels better inside than when I used it.  So no more humidifier to clean either. I still would like an alternative to CPAP before I die!!!

Louise said:

Thanks for the heads up.  I will be back to share results and now that life as settled a little I'll be back more often.  Glad to hear the cushions are a little longer lasting than my present nasal mask.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by The SleepGuide Crew.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service