Join Our Newsletter

New? Free Sign Up

Then check our Welcome Center to a Community Caring about Sleep Apnea diagnosis and Sleep Apnea treatment:

CPAP machines, Sleep Apnea surgery and dental appliances.

CPAP Supplies

Latest Activity

Steven B. Ronsen updated their profile
Mar 5
Dan Lyons updated their profile
Mar 7, 2022
99 replied to Mike's discussion SPO 7500 Users?
"please keep me updated about oximeters "
Dec 4, 2021
Stefan updated their profile
Sep 16, 2019
Profile IconBLev and bruce david joined SleepGuide
Aug 21, 2019

who has the most expensive CPAP machine, mask + other CPAP supplies?

thought for fun i'd do an informal poll of what the highest amount our forum members have seen their insurance company charged for a cpap machine, a cpap mask, a hose, a filter, etc. i know all this stuff is available cheaper online. what i'm after are the most exorbitant charges from the brick & mortar guys... please also include some indication of how much, if any, service you got from the equipment provider.

Views: 2730

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jason, I just read your rant again.  By going so far overboard you lose all credibility with your complaints.

Your company certainly gives better service than mine!

Aaron McDonald said:

I work for a DME provider and we all know that our billed price doesn't matter because the insurance companies have their own fee schedules. If you check MSRP on all these item they will match up better with most DME companies billed amounts than the insurance fee schedules. Everyone knows that you can get products online for less but what people don't realize is the services the local DME companies offer. We offer mask, AutoCPAP and BiPAP trials at no extra charge, loaner equipment, mask guarantees and our knowlegable staff are available 24 hrs/day 7 days/week. We see our new patients 1 week, 30 days, 3 months and 6 months and every 6 months after they are setup, all at no extra charge. We coordinate our follow-up with the physicians and are considered their "eyes and hears." These are just some of the services that we offer which no online store can. Most insurance companies recognize these services and they are included in the price of the equipment.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by The SleepGuide Crew.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service