Join Our Newsletter

New? Free Sign Up

Then check our Welcome Center to a Community Caring about Sleep Apnea diagnosis and Sleep Apnea treatment:

CPAP machines, Sleep Apnea surgery and dental appliances.

CPAP Supplies

Latest Activity

Steven B. Ronsen updated their profile
Mar 5
Dan Lyons updated their profile
Mar 7, 2022
99 replied to Mike's discussion SPO 7500 Users?
"please keep me updated about oximeters "
Dec 4, 2021
Stefan updated their profile
Sep 16, 2019
Profile IconBLev and bruce david joined SleepGuide
Aug 21, 2019
When I got my Resmed S8 Elite w/EPR in October 2006 I very shortly thereafter bought the AutoScan 5.7 software and Resmed cable reader to monitor my data myself. I was eventually switched to a Resmed VPAP Auto bi-level in March of 2008 and so had to upgrade to ResScan 3.4. ResScan 3.4 didn't allow for exporting in cvs so when I heard ResScan 3.7 allowed at least Summary Data export in cvs I bought ResScan v. 03.07.007. I finally got around to installing ResScan v. 03.07.007 yesterday. I did my first download this morning.

You can tell where the true interests of the "users" (the "professionals") lie. The Default is no longer "Detailed Data" but rather the Default is now "Summary Data". In ResScan v. 3.4 the Default was still "Detailed Data". No big deal, just a bit of a PITA to have to remember to select "Detailed Data" each time when doing a download, just one more keystroke.

But it sure does reinforce my disgust w/the sleep profession as a whole. It certainly clarifies where their interest is. And it obviously is NOT the patients' welfare!!! What a sorry state the sleep profession is in!! Resmed, followed by the other manufacturers, keep trying to provide MORE data on patients' therapy status and the sleep profession has less and less interest!!! Their Holy Grail is that Compliance Data so they can get paid. To h*ll w/the patients' therapy data!

Views: 29

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i'm not as familiar with ResMed software as I'd like to be, but it sounds as if you're saying that the later in time version of the ResMed software buries efficacy data a level deeper, which sort of caters to the providers' inclination only to pay attention to the bare minimum amount of data required: duration/frequency of use (i.e. compliance data). Providers are inclined to pay attention to how often the machine is being used as opposed to whether the machine is working to the right therapeutic effect because the former is the basis for how they get paid, and the system doesn't reward them for the latter, irrespective of how much in the patient's interest it would be. I have seen this pattern myself time and time again. I think it's very short sighted of the providers --- they ultimately shoot themselves in their own foot because if a person getting treated well with CPAP, they're going to go off CPAP. poof! another revenue stream for the provider bites the dust. i don't get it...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by The SleepGuide Crew.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service