New? Free Sign Up
Then check our Welcome Center to a Community Caring about Sleep Apnea diagnosis and Sleep Apnea treatment:
CPAP machines, Sleep Apnea surgery and dental appliances.
WOW! I'm known as the Queen of Google (I question everything so I'm happy to have google!!). So why has it taken so long for me to think of looking for other people with the same problem. I don't understand why I suddenly have sores inside of my nose. I'm using the same nasal pillows and they are less than a year old. I usually get a sore in one nostril that lasts for a week or two. Then, the other nostril. It's very annoying.
I guess I'll try the KY....I'm finally old enough not to have to buy embarrassing feminine products and now I have to by KY gel? Jeez :o)
I also just realized the problem with my thinning/breaking hair must be from my headgear. It covers my forehead and the top of my head, and it's causing the cowlicks in the back of my head to be out of control. My hairdresser asked me what I was doing!!!
Thanks everyone. I love the internet for reasons like this.
Debbie
Tags:
Have you tried something like bacitracin in your nose (applied carefully with a q tip)?
That's exactly what I use during the day...but I don't use anything at night...wasn't sure what should and shouldn't be touching the nasal pillow. Now I guess the answer is anything but a petroleum product?
Thanks Mary :o)
Mary Z said:
Have you tried something like bacitracin in your nose (applied carefully with a q tip)?
Hi Debbie, Your DME should have you on automatic restocking. Masks and components get replaced in intervals less than yearly .So your headgear and pillows may be at the end of their life cycle. If you over tighten to get a good fit sores will show up. Ayr nasal gell is an option it is specifically formulated for us pap ers. Good Sleep,Chris
WOW...apparently you have medical insurance ~ sure wish I did. I am being offered a new mask, thanks to a very kind man at the company I deal with locally. I can't wait to try it! Thanks Chris.
© 2026 Created by The SleepGuide Crew.
Powered by