Join Our Newsletter

New? Free Sign Up

Then check our Welcome Center to a Community Caring about Sleep Apnea diagnosis and Sleep Apnea treatment:

CPAP machines, Sleep Apnea surgery and dental appliances.

CPAP Supplies

Latest Activity

Steven B. Ronsen updated their profile
Mar 5
Dan Lyons updated their profile
Mar 7, 2022
99 replied to Mike's discussion SPO 7500 Users?
"please keep me updated about oximeters "
Dec 4, 2021
Stefan updated their profile
Sep 16, 2019
Profile IconBLev and bruce david joined SleepGuide
Aug 21, 2019
Hi all tonight is the night for a newcommer to join my fellow sleepers with my machine i am setting up beside my bed on table and all the hoses behind my pillos I was given the res med with nasal pillows it is set on 3 and the card that downloads the info is being mailed tomorrow. The DME was so nice and left me with instructions to fill machine with distilled water. I will let you know more tomorrow or tonight if I get up and pace in the middle of the night . All the suggestions would be appreciated and I am grateful for everyones help one night at a time lori

Views: 95

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the forum, Lori and congratulations on your new bed partners!
welcome to this new chapter in your life! we will do everything we can to help you use this thing properly.
from Lori: "I slept good at first I thought I had on backward but then the air started flowing I then put head back and did some slow chest breathing and I fellinto a deep sleep .I never woke up to use the facilities all night that is a first . I woke up at 5 and went to bed and 12 but I feel like I slept for 10 hours. The only complaint I have is the air that comes out from the nasal piece is cold . I felt it when I put my hand up by my chin. I wonder if the temp of the humidifier is to low is there a regulator? I plan on calling the DME people today.The head piece when it was on I felt like a horse with the side blinders .but after I relaxed I found the blinders to be soothing and they actually helped me to rest better. More to come tomorrow of my adventures in sleep town amoung ny fellow moniter friends see you in rem city>>> nurse lori"
Lori, what did the DME people say about the cold air? u should be sure you have heated humidification and not "pass over humidification"

Mike said:
from Lori: "I slept good at first I thought I had on backward but then the air started flowing I then put head back and did some slow chest breathing and I fellinto a deep sleep .I never woke up to use the facilities all night that is a first . I woke up at 5 and went to bed and 12 but I feel like I slept for 10 hours. The only complaint I have is the air that comes out from the nasal piece is cold . I felt it when I put my hand up by my chin. I wonder if the temp of the humidifier is to low is there a regulator? I plan on calling the DME people today.The head piece when it was on I felt like a horse with the side blinders .but after I relaxed I found the blinders to be soothing and they actually helped me to rest better. More to come tomorrow of my adventures in sleep town amoung ny fellow moniter friends see you in rem city>>> nurse lori"
I spoke with them this pm and the heater needs to be turned up.I have done it and will see how tonight is. Allin all I love the machine I never knew how terrible I actually felt. I am looking forward to keep progresing thanks lori
I HAVE BEEN ON BY CPAP FOR ABOUT 2 MONTHS NOW AND AM PRETTY MUCH ADJUSTED TO IT. GET UP FEELING PRETTY RESTED. MY MACHINE IS SET AT 3 AND ADJUST TO 6 WITHIN 30 MIN. I AM USING THE NASAL MASK BUT WOULD LIKE TO TRY THE NASAL PILLOWS. WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW YOU HANDLED THE NASAL PILLOWS. PROS AND CONS.
I love the nasal pillow 1 they are easy to adjust into your notrils and I do not sweat with them. They also are very adaptable as the feel like a proper seal.They mimic a mouthpiece I feel of an ambu bag(this is the piece of equipment used to give artificial breaths to someone if ER arises).My vender told me my nostril were small therfore he ordered a small size to fit correctly.Be sure to look at the width of the mask as it is filled with air and can probably be refilled if evaporates. Good luck and let me know. By the way if you are claustrophobic this is good as your mouth is still open. Lori
how did it go last night, Lori?

Lori deutsch said:
I love the nasal pillow 1 they are easy to adjust into your notrils and I do not sweat with them. They also are very adaptable as the feel like a proper seal.They mimic a mouthpiece I feel of an ambu bag(this is the piece of equipment used to give artificial breaths to someone if ER arises).My vender told me my nostril were small therfore he ordered a small size to fit correctly.Be sure to look at the width of the mask as it is filled with air and can probably be refilled if evaporates. Good luck and let me know. By the way if you are claustrophobic this is good as your mouth is still open. Lori
Ok my cpap is being titrated this week so I realize there will be changes. Last night me and cpap faught all night everey time I woke up the machine was blowing like a hurricaine one time I adjusted and another . Other than tat time ,why does it blow so hard? The DMe is closed today HELP before I blow away in rem sleep please lori
Lori could you supply us with more information?

I am kind of confused on your settings. Typically one would be unable to feel like they were getting enough air if set at three. I know many machines do not go that low. If you have a Repironics machine they have what is known as a flex feature. It has the capability of being adjustable in increments of 1 -- in other words 1, 2, 3. 3 being the most exhale relief possible and 1 being the least exhale relief possible. Are you sure it is not the c-flex that is set to a 3?

Look on your machine and tell exactly what name the machine has. This will help us try to figure out ways to help. Do you have any of your paperwork that may show what your actual pressure is?

What is bothering you the most -- the air?
Yes the high air blowing I have a res med with nasal pillows
sleepycarol said:

I am kind of confused on your settings. Typically one would be unable to feel like they were getting enough air if set at three. I know many machines do not go that low. If you have a Repironics machine they have what is known as a flex feature. It has the capability of being adjustable in increments of 1 -- in other words 1, 2, 3. 3 being the most exhale relief possible and 1 being the least exhale relief possible. Are you sure it is not the c-flex that is set to a 3?

Look on your machine and tell exactly what name the machine has. This will help us try to figure out ways to help. Do you have any of your paperwork that may show what your actual pressure is?

hi lori -- you say that your machine starts off with ramp set at 3, and goes up to 6. the only reason i'd think blowing would be a problem would be if the pillows are getting dislodged from your nostrils. is that what's happening?

Lori deutsch said:
Yes the high air blowing I have a res med with nasal pillows
sleepycarol said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by The SleepGuide Crew.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service