Join Our Newsletter

New? Free Sign Up

Then check our Welcome Center to a Community Caring about Sleep Apnea diagnosis and Sleep Apnea treatment:

CPAP machines, Sleep Apnea surgery and dental appliances.

CPAP Supplies

Latest Activity

Steven B. Ronsen updated their profile
Mar 5
Dan Lyons updated their profile
Mar 7, 2022
99 replied to Mike's discussion SPO 7500 Users?
"please keep me updated about oximeters "
Dec 4, 2021
Stefan updated their profile
Sep 16, 2019
Profile IconBLev and bruce david joined SleepGuide
Aug 21, 2019
If you're, like me, planning to attend this year's APSS Sleep meeting in Minneapolis, please say so here.   I want to coordinate with you guys.

Views: 162

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i'd agree with that assessment of the sleep medicine field, Brook.
I am now at the Sleep Conference here in Minneapolis.  Will post things I believe are of interest to the SleepGuide community.
Looking forward to hearing about new stuff!  ( I hope)

Mike said:
I am now at the Sleep Conference here in Minneapolis.  Will post things I believe are of interest to the SleepGuide community.
I don't think we give the science of sleep enough credit. Apnea treatment being a cash cow has degraded the effort put into it. I believe that this has caused the actual treatment of sleep to be put on the back burner.

brook said:

I'd pay it in a heartbeat, if I was sure I could truly find out what's going on for me. My sleep dr is so far stymied, and I haven't found any good data or leads in my researching yet that have yielded some improvement. It seems like cpap treatment is still a very young science, and not much is known beyond a few central aspects of it.

Mike said:

no, it's not really for patients (you'll find that's a common theme in the health industry)....  also, this would be a very expensive way for you to get answers to your questions, because entry into the convention is several hundred dollars.  that said, if you were to go, you'd no doubt be able to get your questions answered... think about it: a convention center packed with doctors, manufacturers, vendors, sleep techs, and others, all of whom know something about sleep.  i'm not saying it's a good idea for you to go.  just that i'm sure you'd be able to learn a lot there, and likely get your questions answered.
the exhibition hall opens up tomorrow.  seeing a lot of sleep "Celebrities" on the streets of Minneapolis tonight, including Colin Sullivan, inventor of CPAP.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by The SleepGuide Crew.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service