Join Our Newsletter

New? Free Sign Up

Then check our Welcome Center to a Community Caring about Sleep Apnea diagnosis and Sleep Apnea treatment:

CPAP machines, Sleep Apnea surgery and dental appliances.

CPAP Supplies

Latest Activity

Steven B. Ronsen updated their profile
Mar 5
Dan Lyons updated their profile
Mar 7, 2022
99 replied to Mike's discussion SPO 7500 Users?
"please keep me updated about oximeters "
Dec 4, 2021
Stefan updated their profile
Sep 16, 2019
Profile IconBLev and bruce david joined SleepGuide
Aug 21, 2019
Do you think it's safe to buy cpap supplies from ebay sellers?  If so, what have you bought and is it  cheaper than buying  from a online store? I am thinking of buying a 3 pack of tubing, the clinicans guide to my cpap machine and the software to download the results.

Views: 212

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have purchased tubing, filters, and such on eBay. I even was able to pick up a mask or two prior to them banning the sale of mask on that site.

You can save money over retail. Be sure and check out the price and compare to other on-line retail outlets such as cpap.com so you can judge if you are actually saving money.

Do a google search for your clinicans manual. Most of the can be found online for free. Don't pay if you don't have to.
I have a feeling that what you paying for when purchasing the software is a link as the ad I read said they would send you an email telling you how to download the software.

I would be leery of the software unless I asked lots of questions before hand to make sure I knew exactly what I was purchasing.
The software isn't enough. You still need the cable reader. The Clinicians Manual for your CPAP can most likely be downloaded for free off the internet. If the e-Bay seller has a good star rating I wouldn't be at all hesitant to buy the tubing. Just be sure that you know the usual online DME prices and that you are getting a good buy. And double check if there is any tubing available at cpapauction.com and what prices they are going for there before buying off e-Bay.
Judy said:
The software isn't enough. You still need the cable reader. The Clinicians Manual for your CPAP can most likely be downloaded for free off the internet. If the e-Bay seller has a good star rating I wouldn't be at all hesitant to buy the tubing. Just be sure that you know the usual online DME prices and that you are getting a good buy. And double check if there is any tubing available at cpapauction.com and what prices they are going for there before buying off e-Bay.

Judy,
Are you saying you think cpap auction is more reputable than ebay when it comes to cpap supplies? Thanks.
No, I just think that cpapauction attracts more sellers w/specifically sleep related items. And I think it is good to check winning bid amounts at two different auctions. If you're gonna buy on auction you want a good idea of ending prices so you don't overbid. Or miss out on a better buy. You also want to know what the going price is via online DME providers so you don't overbid. Overbidding is very rampant on e-Bay by buyers who don't check or know the going price on items.
Yep, Judy. My family often talks about how can someone bid $50.00 for something that goes for $14.95 at WallyWorld? I have seen it happen on eBay with all too much frequency. People get caught up "in it" and their common sense flies out the window.

My brother went to a local auction last week-end. It was a 4th generation furniture store that closed. Stuff was bringing more than the retail price -- which was still on the items. We aren't talking vintage/antique/collectible items here. We are talking modern furniture like you buy in any furniture store. You know the old saying "there is a sucker born every minute".
I bought the ResMed ResScan software, version 3.7 on Ebay for $2.95. I was given a link and downloaded the software without problems. Works fine. Bought the reader on line at a cpap supply store. The one that connects to the back of the machine with USB connection to the computer, not the card reader. Now I wish I'd bought the card reader...
The guy who sold me the software now realizes the goldmine he's sitting on and the price has gone up to $29.95. LOL!
My purchases on cpapauction have all been satisfactory. I've gotten new masks in unopened packages, and bought older (usually used one night) and new cushions (sealed) without problems when I wanted to try something new. If they don't work out just put them back up for auction. Like ebay you need to watch the items and bidding process and be patient. Sometimes new things come along very inexpensively. I think people here know online dealers prices and price accordingly. Lots of mask auctions start at one dollar.

Mary Z.
What sections or search terms do you use on e bay when looking, for these particular auctions?
RL said:
What sections or search terms do you use on e bay when looking, for these particular auctions?

cpap supplies
RL, you might start in health and beauty then get more specific. I never had any trouble tracking them down.

Mary Z.
Try cpap supplies as suggested.

You might also search using specific names such as ResMed, Respironics, RemStar, etc. Good luck.
I would say that you should stick with a local dealer or at the very least an established dealer. Do you know where the equipment came from, where the users guide came from and if the software is the correct version.

I know as a person who works in the field I am happy to help my pts. If they want to download their equipment I will be happy to do it for them. But that is me. I hope others think like I do

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by The SleepGuide Crew.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service