Join Our Newsletter

New? Free Sign Up

Then check our Welcome Center to a Community Caring about Sleep Apnea diagnosis and Sleep Apnea treatment:

CPAP machines, Sleep Apnea surgery and dental appliances.

CPAP Supplies

Latest Activity

Steven B. Ronsen updated their profile
Mar 5
Dan Lyons updated their profile
Mar 7, 2022
99 replied to Mike's discussion SPO 7500 Users?
"please keep me updated about oximeters "
Dec 4, 2021
Stefan updated their profile
Sep 16, 2019
Profile IconBLev and bruce david joined SleepGuide
Aug 21, 2019
my cpap machines fo from 7 down too 4 dearing the nite any one no y it does that or do i have 2 call some one .. its new i got it in feb.. and it feel like i can breth at all when im on it can any one help thenks

Views: 54

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

sounds like you need to get the pressure bumped up, and maybe set within a tighter range. the machine shouldn't make you feel as if you're struggling to get air.
At a pressure of 7 you probably don't need to use the ramp. With the ramp setting at 4 many of us would feel as though we couldn't breathe either. Bumping the ramp up is not going to be that much different from your pressure of 7. My machine is set a pressure of 9 and I find I don't need the ramp and haven't used after about the 1st week.

If you have the humdifier on try turning it down some. Too much humidity can be as bad as no humidity.
thanks mike .. is 7 too low or what im trying 2 ounder stand this all . some ppl r at 9 and all the way up too 17 .. how did thay no how 2 set it at 7 and my ramp at 4 ???..
i dont use the ramp at all .. i do have a humdifier its at 3 some times i put it at 2 im in AZ where its dry . im trying 2 ounder stand this all where i got the cpap and every thing there no help at all .. so thats y im on here looking for help.
Go back to the local DME supplier you got your CPAP from and explain to them what is happening. It is part of their job to educate, advise and provide support for you as you acclimate to CPAP therapy. I'm taking a GUESS that your pressure setting is 7 and the 4 you are seeing is either the Ramp starting pressure or perhaps your C-Flex or EPR is set at 3 which would take your exhalation pressure down around 4 while your inhalation pressure would be 7.

Your pressure settings were determined during your in-lab titration study w/mask and CPAP. Rock explained that in response to your post in another thread. I think the "What is everyone's pressure set at?" thread.
I agree with Judy. It is your DME's responsibility to educate and troublehsoot. They should have equipment to verify all settings accurately. If your machine is not functioning properly, then they should replace it for you.
thank u 2 every one that have help me with this .. it meens a lot 2 me :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by The SleepGuide Crew.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service