Join Our Newsletter

New? Free Sign Up

Then check our Welcome Center to a Community Caring about Sleep Apnea diagnosis and Sleep Apnea treatment:

CPAP machines, Sleep Apnea surgery and dental appliances.

CPAP Supplies

Latest Activity

Steven B. Ronsen updated their profile
Mar 5
Dan Lyons updated their profile
Mar 7, 2022
99 replied to Mike's discussion SPO 7500 Users?
"please keep me updated about oximeters "
Dec 4, 2021
Stefan updated their profile
Sep 16, 2019
Profile IconBLev and bruce david joined SleepGuide
Aug 21, 2019

Believing that prevalence continues to be greatly underestimated, things like this catch my eye even if no science is cited behind the claim in the press release.

How high do you think the prevalence rate is?

100 million patients suffer from sleep apnea over the holidays

by Vocus/PRWEB

MIAMI: The holiday season can be hard on one’s health, and people suffering from obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) feel it the most. Overeating and drinking too much add to the sleepy side effects of the holiday season. What happens to the
80 million individuals dangerously living undiagnosed with OSA? It’s a scary
thought.

Full press release: http://www.dental-tribune.com/articles/content/id/3702/scope/news/r...

Views: 583

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Stamping out Disease and Pestilence - One Machine at a Time!

Your statement about your primary care physician doesn't surprise me. If you read my book "Deadly Sleep" you may recall that I alluded to this very probability within the medical profession. All too frequently new information regarding medical advances spreads at a snails pace though out the various medical specialties for a number of reasons. Your PCP is, of course, uninformed for reasons to which we are not privy. Giving him/her the benefit of the doubt, I would suggest perhaps your PCP should be advised to have a PSG done because part of his prefrontal cortex is clearly dysfunctional.

j n k said:

My primary physician doesn't believe in OSA. Would you like to see him?

Rooster said:
So you are not going to tell me who that second doctor is?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by The SleepGuide Crew.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service