Join Our Newsletter

New? Free Sign Up

Then check our Welcome Center to a Community Caring about Sleep Apnea diagnosis and Sleep Apnea treatment:

CPAP machines, Sleep Apnea surgery and dental appliances.

CPAP Supplies

Latest Activity

Steven B. Ronsen updated their profile
Mar 5
Dan Lyons updated their profile
Mar 7, 2022
99 replied to Mike's discussion SPO 7500 Users?
"please keep me updated about oximeters "
Dec 4, 2021
Stefan updated their profile
Sep 16, 2019
Profile IconBLev and bruce david joined SleepGuide
Aug 21, 2019
About heart palpitations, and CPAP effect on them...

Glenn sent this to me, but thought I'd throw it up here so that everyone can share their perspectives:

"Have you heard of anyone with Sleep Apnea and having heart palpitations as well? this was diagnosed in my first Sleep Study visit. Do you know if the CPAP mask will help this?"

Views: 1175

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

by the way, on my first sleep study, it picked up some cardiac arrhythmias. I went to a cardiologist to have it checked out, did a stress test, and it turned out ok. Glenn, I would suggest you do the same.

CPAP can absolutely help control heart disease. Untreated sleep apnea wreaks havoc on your heart.
Attached an article that provides an excellent overview of the relationship between sleep apnea and cardiovascular disease
Attachments:
I have heart palpitations too. I had more before I started using the CPAP, but I don't know if it had anything to do with that or not. It wasn't a noticeable, overnight change or anything.
Heart problems seam to go hand in hand with apnea. I have been told that the apnea has to be treated first, along with any other causes. Once these other things have been treated the Drs. can move on to the heart.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by The SleepGuide Crew.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service