Join Our Newsletter

New? Free Sign Up

Then check our Welcome Center to a Community Caring about Sleep Apnea diagnosis and Sleep Apnea treatment:

CPAP machines, Sleep Apnea surgery and dental appliances.

CPAP Supplies

Latest Activity

Steven B. Ronsen updated their profile
Mar 5
Dan Lyons updated their profile
Mar 7, 2022
99 replied to Mike's discussion SPO 7500 Users?
"please keep me updated about oximeters "
Dec 4, 2021
Stefan updated their profile
Sep 16, 2019
Profile IconBLev and bruce david joined SleepGuide
Aug 21, 2019
Ellen writes: "did you have a hard time to keep it on? it's been a life saver for me though.  i don't fall asleep durring the day !! i can't believe how much better it is but i got to find a way to keep it on better- i did get dry at first now i used water in it. it's been a blessing to me 
thanks for your help 
ellen from maine"

Views: 3053

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Superglue would do the trick, but seriously, I had that problem in the beginning and I have known others that have as well. I would wake up to find that i had taken it off with no memory of doing it. After a few months I stopped doing that and maybe now once a year it might happen. Unless this has been happening for a long time, it should resolve itself over time.

Danny Heller said:
Hi, Ellen. Unfortunately, there is no good answer. The manufacturer tells you not to make the mask too tight, but if you don't, you get air shooting into your eyes or from the bottom of the mask into your face. This leaves me with no recourse but to tighten it. The supposedly perfect seal is nothing of the kind. Let me know if you find a solution.

My dinasour of a Adam circuit gets a few of these problems, but I fix them and keep right on sleeping. I wouldn't have any other. I have more of a problem with cotton mouth. I just can't keep my big mouth shut. Actually I don't think there is a way. Even if you used a garden hose full of water you would still get dry mouth because all you need is to crack your lips and it dries you up. What you need is some way ti keep your tongue sealing off the nasal passages and breath normal. I think it is actually do to a low oxygen level forcing you to open your mouth to gulp more air.
Oh my gosh.. Thank you BOTH so much.(Susan and Perry).. I had no idea.. and since I am fairly new to this site I have not read ALL
the discussions.. I will def' check into BOTH items.
Have you ever tried the CPAP Moisture Therapy.. listed on the same page with the RoEzIt. It makes it sound like
IT is for use under the mask..and the Ro' is for oxygen therapy.

Perry mcNeal said:
I am sure some of it has to do with the mask. I have tried a Resmed mask (http://www.cpapsupplyusa.com/ResMed-Liberty-Mask-Headgear-6130X.aspx) that fit over my mouth and had small tubes to my nose. It came out of my nose every night. I went back to a Resmed full face mask (http://www.cpapsupplyusa.com/ResMed-Quattro-Full-Face-Mask-Headgear...) and have no problems at all. I tighten the straps but not too tight so that it is comfortable.

I am surprised that no one has mentioned RoEzIt, a non oil based cream that you put on your face under the seal. If i did not use this, my mask would leave big marks on my face. I believe that it helps seal the mask to my face.

As far as strap marks, there are accessories that are made to put over the straps to form a cushion.

As far as the Sinus problems go, I am 69 years old and have a constant Sinus problem but I actually get sinus relief from my mask. If your Sinuses stop up, you probably need to increase the pressure.

After over five years, on a Cpap machine, I have tried almost everything.

Just keep tinkering and you will find a solution to your problems.
Hi Gang, I too had leaks and marks .The sleep comfort care pad fixed the bridge of my nose leaks and wounds.The REMZZZS pad have in just 5 days of use fixed the outline marks from my FP431 mask. I had to get a RX for both but am glad I did. Good Sleep, Chris
I would also agree about the Remzzzs. Using them has taken away all the marks that were on my face as well as creating a better seal. I have a medium Quattro mask so I bought the medium liners to match but found them a bit small. I now use the large liners and find they don't go near my mouth - maybe its just me. Possibly try their small trial packs to see what works best for you.
HI MIKE
NEXT WEEK I AM GONA CALL WHERE I GOT IT BE COUSE ;THEY HAVE A PILLOW ONE -AND LAST MO; TAB;DID NOT SHOW A GOOD REPORT !! MIKE IT-S BE COUSE I CAN;T KEEP IT ON I DON;T SLEEP DURRING THE DAY THOW ;THAT-S A BLESSING !!BUT -IT-S GOT TO STAY ON
THANK YOU
ELLEN
Im a Sleep tech currently working at a Lab in Northern VA. With any type of mask they have adjustable straps , whether its a Full face mask or nasal mask. Excatly what type of mask are you using?
It is always amazing how we are such an inventive type -- the things we do in order to achieve great therapy!!

I wonder for those that have to cinch their masks so tight that it hurts -- maybe a size smaller or larger might be a better fit? I know that I was fitted with a small and achieve better results with a medium. Don't take the first mask they give you as being the "best" mask for you. I would encourage you to try others and work with your DME to find one that is most comfortable and works the best. In my opinion, this therapy shouldn't cause further pain from masks issues.
I looked up Remzzz's. that were recommended by Susan and Chris, Thanks. The product looks like it would work great.
I have been using something that I made from an old tee shirt for a long time to pad the forehead part of my mask. That with the RoEzIt has worked great for me. If you are having comfort and face blemishing issues, you probably want to try one or the other or both to decide on effectiveness and cost for you. With a full face mask, you certainly need something. I have even used tape as a pad before. If anyone is interested on the forehead pad, I can send a picture or drawing of the way it is attached.

As Sleepy Carol said, mask size is paramount. I started with a large mask because I have a large head. However I had to change to a medium mask because my face is small in relation to my head size.

Good luck All.
About keeping the mask on . . .
When I first started using CPAP, I took my mask off in the middle of the night without realizing it.
This happened every night for about 2 weeks and then tapered off. After about 3 weeks I never had a problem again - all without changing a thing. Be patient.

Danny Heller said:
Hi, Ellen. Unfortunately, there is no good answer. The manufacturer tells you not to make the mask too tight, but if you don't, you get air shooting into your eyes or from the bottom of the mask into your face. This leaves me with no recourse but to tighten it. The supposedly perfect seal is nothing of the kind. Let me know if you find a solution.
hi I have the same problem if I don't wear it tigi It seeps air at my eyes. I wake up with marks on my face too.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by The SleepGuide Crew.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service