Join Our Newsletter

New? Free Sign Up

Then check our Welcome Center to a Community Caring about Sleep Apnea diagnosis and Sleep Apnea treatment:

CPAP machines, Sleep Apnea surgery and dental appliances.

CPAP Supplies

Latest Activity

Steven B. Ronsen updated their profile
Mar 5
Dan Lyons updated their profile
Mar 7, 2022
99 replied to Mike's discussion SPO 7500 Users?
"please keep me updated about oximeters "
Dec 4, 2021
Stefan updated their profile
Sep 16, 2019
Profile IconBLev and bruce david joined SleepGuide
Aug 21, 2019

Help!? Open Sore in Nostril from Nose Pillows (Comfortlite2 / Direct Seal) - New Cpap user

Hi everybody, new here. I was just diagnosed with sleep apnea late last year and have been using a cpap since then. It's been a love/hate relationship but just as I'd found the "right" mask (Respironics Comfortlite 2 with the Direct Seal cushion) and after having struggled with adjustments until it felt FINALLY right, I suddenly developed a sore on the inside edge of my left nostril. It's so bad now after waking up bleeding for a few mornings that I'm going to have to sleep (sadly) without my machine to let it heal. I'm a side sleeper and I suspect that maybe from sleeping on my left side that the pressure of my pillow pushes the cushion up, causing irritation.I really don't want to try yet another mask because overall this one is really great for the way I sleep.

Can anybody recommend anything I should do? I don't think the mask is too tight (I've gone through that before). Moleskin? If so, how does it work with nasal pillows? Any other recommendations??? I'm at my wit's end and really hate the thought of sleeping w/o the mask.*

*note: this should give some hope to brand-new users, I went through MONTHS of struggle and heartache just getting adjusted to my diagnosis and the life sentence of sleeping with a machine. Now I can't imagine how I lived without it for my 30+ years.

Views: 6409

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I also use nasal pillows and sleep on my side, and have been using one of the U-shaped memory-foam neck pillows that are used in cars or on airplanes, it works great, much better than my down pillows--supports your neck, nothing rubs on the mask, and I can sleep on my back, too! And much cheaper that the pillows marketed for CPAP..

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by The SleepGuide Crew.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service