Join Our Newsletter

New? Free Sign Up

Then check our Welcome Center to a Community Caring about Sleep Apnea diagnosis and Sleep Apnea treatment:

CPAP machines, Sleep Apnea surgery and dental appliances.

CPAP Supplies

Latest Activity

ZolliStar replied to Dan Lyons's discussion CPAP & Dry Mouth
"Dan, Do you use a chin strap?  If you're a mouth breather, you may need a chin strap so that your mouth stays closed. It's important to keep it closed throughout the night for a lot of reasons -- mouth, dental, etc., etc. I've…"
Nov 24
99 replied to 99's discussion Five Day Cure obstructI've sleep apnea
"Wed 9  9 mg Thursday 10 missed  Friday 11 9mg have insomnia  going skip rest until insomnia goes away Just did maths had my five days"
Nov 11
99 replied to 99's discussion Five Day Cure obstructI've sleep apnea
"Day after tomorrow I mean trump day wed 9 9mg "
Nov 9
99 replied to 99's discussion Five Day Cure obstructI've sleep apnea
"Day two Monday 7 Nov 9mg very relaxed Day three Tuesday 8 Nov 9mg sniffles appears to have stopped  must reduce dose"
Nov 8
99 replied to 99's discussion Five Day Cure obstructI've sleep apnea
"Start treatment again  Nov 6 @ 2100 first day "
Nov 6
99 replied to 99's discussion Five Day Cure obstructI've sleep apnea
"Day 5 not quite there must quit treetment for non and have at least a five day break But even so my health has improved "
Nov 1
99 replied to 99's discussion Five Day Cure obstructI've sleep apnea
" "
Nov 1
99 replied to 99's discussion Five Day Cure obstructI've sleep apnea
"Day three not so good with osa  DAY four better but still not quite there "
Oct 31
99 replied to 99's discussion Five Day Cure
"Day one immediate improvement to OSA but had insomnia and slight constapation Day two flatulence greatly reduced muscle tighten "
Oct 29
99 posted a discussion

Five Day Cure

I believe I have found a cure that only take five days which I am trialing now It has many benificial side effects as well by reducing snoring to name onePM ME as I do not want mainstream media to find out and have it banned as I fear that is how it will goWill try again after a little breakIn addition will increase omega 3And thirdly a chiropractic to realign atlas bone in spine is just a passing thought See More
Oct 28
liz4cps commented on liz4cps's group Prince William Co, VA support group
"BluePoint Medical* holding their next Remedy event on June 4 with Terry Cralle, RN on "Sleep in the Mordern Family".  They will also be checking CPAP machines and providing breakfast. Click on link above for more…"
May 7
Dan Lyons posted a discussion

CPAP & Dry Mouth

In recent months, I have developed extreme dry mouth as a result of the CPAP.  I am a mouth breather when using CPAP.Recently, I saw an advertisement for the symptoms of dry mouth, but as usual, when I need the information to have a discussion with both my primary care  physician and my dentist I haven't seen the ad. Has anyone else seen the ad and can anyone remember the info in the ad?Thanks in advance,DanSee More
Mar 30
richard graham posted a status
"My deductible is double what a machine is online but I can't get the machine set up. Any ideas?"
Mar 10
BeeAsleep posted a status
"Hi all. I am just checking in and saying hi after being gone for a long time. I am doing GREAT! Just got a new machine and mask. Feel like I"
Jan 23
BeeAsleep updated their profile
Jan 23
99 replied to Fred's discussion CPAP - cure worse than the disease
"Do not turn light on as this hinder you from falling asleep or choose red light instead which do not afect your sleep"
Oct 27, 2015
99 left a comment for Joan Williams Rice
"Hi Joan visiting pelham and I have osa"
Oct 27, 2015
99 left a comment for martha crabtree
"Hi maths visiting pelham "
Oct 27, 2015
99 left a comment for Rhonda Harrison
"Hi Rhondda I am visiting pelham and have osa "
Oct 27, 2015
99 posted a discussion

Leaky gut

Do you have a leaky gutHow would you knowA telltale sign for leaky gut is Athletes footI wish to ask do you have or suffer from itThe reason I ask is maybe this is a common denominatorJust text yes or text noAnd if you are the first to text also keep a tallyExample38 yes 0 noYour input would alter the tally39 yes 0 noSo now I will input first1 yes. 0 noSee More
Sep 26, 2015
A few times a year, my wife tells me I scream out some angry curse words in my sleep -- I only faintly recall these episodes because I think I'm screaming them out in my sleep and only the sound of my own voice and not the act itself sort of half-way wakes me up, if that makes any sense. I then go right back to sleep.

Anyhow, I never connected this to Sleep Apnea before. But after reading Dr. Park's recent post on the connection between Sleep Apnea and Sleepwalking, I'm wondering . . .

Are they related? Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

Views: 5876

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Are you experiencing any nightmares? I know that talking in your sleep is common with apnea. night terrors are a whole different syndrome in themselves. I will do some research and get back to as I have some extra time this week.
The outbursts happen during very vivid violent dreams / nightmares

Rock Hinkle said:
Are you experiencing any nightmares? I know that talking in your sleep is common with apnea. night terrors are a whole different syndrome in themselves. I will do some research and get back to as I have some extra time this week.
I do know that of the 500 or so 5-10 second dreams we have a night the only ones we remember are the ones we wake up during. I hope I word this right, and someone else may have more accurate info. People that have OSA or any other sleep related problem in which an arousal might occur are more likely to wake up during their dreams. Add this to the fact that events are more likely to happen during REM when we are in our best dream state and you are going to rember more dreams. My personal hypotheses is that if you have an arousal during a dream and get pulled back into a lighter stage of sleep we are going to be more likely to act out the scene or finish the speech of that dream. You can also dream in any stage of sleep. REM dreams are usually more vivid or colorful and sometimes even have a plot. WE usually have our reoccuring dreams while in REM. While NREM dreams are more mundane and usually don't make a whole lot of sense. These are the dreams that are said to be in black and white. hypothetically. There are 1000s of studies on dreams. Unfortunately we can only record the brain patterns.

Given your job I might start paying attention to your work load and or stress level at the time of these dreams.
Have you tried keeping a sleep diary? This can be very helpful in trying to figure out your own sleep patterns and dreams.

There is a sleep disorder called REM behavior disorder in which people have and act out vivid dreams. People with this disorder are very likely to get violent during these dreams and upon awakening out of REM . This is the reason that most sleep labs have a DO NOT WAKE DURING REM policy. This disorder can also precipitate dementia and parkinson's disease. Not that this is what you have Mike. JUst what my research led me too.

http://www.sleepdisorderchannel.com/rem/index.shtml






http://lib.bioinfo.pl/auth:Montplaisir,J


Mike said:
The outbursts happen during very vivid violent dreams / nightmares

Rock Hinkle said:
Are you experiencing any nightmares? I know that talking in your sleep is common with apnea. night terrors are a whole different syndrome in themselves. I will do some research and get back to as I have some extra time this week.
interesting analysis and much appreciated, Rock. I would like to believe in your hypothesis about being jolted into a lighter stage of sleep by an arousal, and finish the speech of the dream. I didn't know that we can dream in any stage of sleep. Thought you could only dream in REM sleep. I am aware that, on the other hand, this could be some sort of sign of a neurological disorder, and a precursor to Parkinson's. It only happens a couple of times every few months. And never goes beyond blurting out words into any kind of violent act.

Rock Hinkle said:
I do know that of the 500 or so 5-10 second dreams we have a night the only ones we remember are the ones we wake up during. I hope I word this right, and someone else may have more accurate info. People that have OSA or any other sleep related problem in which an arousal might occur are more likely to wake up during their dreams. Add this to the fact that events are more likely to happen during REM when we are in our best dream state and you are going to rember more dreams. My personal hypotheses is that if you have an arousal during a dream and get pulled back into a lighter stage of sleep we are going to be more likely to act out the scene or finish the speech of that dream. You can also dream in any stage of sleep. REM dreams are usually more vivid or colorful and sometimes even have a plot. WE usually have our reoccuring dreams while in REM. While NREM dreams are more mundane and usually don't make a whole lot of sense. These are the dreams that are said to be in black and white. hypothetically. There are 1000s of studies on dreams. Unfortunately we can only record the brain patterns.

Given your job I might start paying attention to your work load and or stress level at the time of these dreams.
Have you tried keeping a sleep diary? This can be very helpful in trying to figure out your own sleep patterns and dreams.

There is a sleep disorder called REM behavior disorder in which people have and act out vivid dreams. People with this disorder are very likely to get violent during these dreams and upon awakening out of REM . This is the reason that most sleep labs have a DO NOT WAKE DURING REM policy. This disorder can also precipitate dementia and parkinson's disease. Not that this is what you have Mike. JUst what my research led me too.

http://www.sleepdisorderchannel.com/rem/index.shtml






http://lib.bioinfo.pl/auth:Montplaisir,J


Mike said:
The outbursts happen during very vivid violent dreams / nightmares

Rock Hinkle said:
Are you experiencing any nightmares? I know that talking in your sleep is common with apnea. night terrors are a whole different syndrome in themselves. I will do some research and get back to as I have some extra time this week.
This is a link to a search on REM-vs-NREM dreaming

http://www.google.com/search?q=nrem+dreams&sourceid=ie7&rls...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2016   Created by The SleepGuide Crew.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service