Join Our Newsletter

New? Free Sign Up

Then check our Welcome Center to a Community Caring about Sleep Apnea diagnosis and Sleep Apnea treatment:

CPAP machines, Sleep Apnea surgery and dental appliances.

CPAP Supplies

Latest Activity

Steven B. Ronsen updated their profile
Mar 5
Dan Lyons updated their profile
Mar 7, 2022
99 replied to Mike's discussion SPO 7500 Users?
"please keep me updated about oximeters "
Dec 4, 2021
Stefan updated their profile
Sep 16, 2019
Profile IconBLev and bruce david joined SleepGuide
Aug 21, 2019

Zeo Sleep Monitor, does it work? ( not a pitch)

I keep seeing this on TV, now on the sidebar of this site.  So I took a look at it and am wondering what the thoughts of forum members are about it.  Obviously, the sensor that goes on the forehead will be an issue for masks with the part that rests there

Views: 1751

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is the million dollar question Matt. The data that I have seen has been insufficient. I have talked to many pts that sware by it. Others not so much. More have been for it than against. I would love to have a lab that tested equipment such as this. There is quite a bit of technology that I would like to review.
Good question, Matt. I want you guys to know that the ads that appear on the sidebar of this site are generated in an automated fashion by Google, and are not endorsed, recommended or backed in any way whatsoever by SleepGuide. Not to say that Zeo is not a good product -- I actually don't know one way or another -- at one point I asked for a demo so that I'd be able to give an independent review on this site but they insisted that I shell out the couple of hundred bucks or whatever it is, and I declined. Just want to be clear what the advertising you mentioned i the sidebar is about.
Thanks gents, very telling, I'll save my money for now. Good info regarding sidebar ads, Mike, thanks.
Hey All ~

I have also wondered about what Matt mentioned . . . seems from the pix of the Zeo in their ads that the Zeo and an apnea mask forehead rest section would interfere with each other because both need to be in the same place on one's forehead. It might only work for people who don't wear a mask with a forehear rest section; but, if it would work and it comes a point that I can afford it, I might like to give it a try. Has anyone found a way to use both at the same time? - And, besides just, physically, finding it compatible, has anyone found it to work?

Thanks,
Renee
Hi Everyone -

My name is Derek and I work for Zeo. I have dropped by SleepGuide in the past to join the discussion about Zeo and just wanted to chime in again to let you know that I'm here and happy to answer any questions you might have about Zeo.

Matt - I'm biased about Zeo, so instead of offering my own opinion I just wanted to point you to the last conversation on SleepGuide that may contain more of what you are looking for: http://www.sleepguide.com/forum/topics/my-zeo-sleep-machinemonitor - let me know if you have other specific questions I can help answer.

Rock & Mike - good to see you both again. Thanks for your objective commentary.

Renee - many people find that their headgear does not interfere with the Zeo headband, but it does depend on which type of mask you are using. As long as the headband can be worn on the forehead without sliding around or falling off, it will collect sleep data successfully. Make sure to follow the manufacturer’s recommendations when using any other equipment with Zeo.

Please let me know if you have any questions here or directly via email.

Regards,
Derek (@Zeo)
[derek@myzeo.com]

PS - it's important that I mention that Zeo is neither a medical device nor a medical program and is not intended for the diagnosis or treatment of sleep disorders. If you suspect that you may have a sleep disorder, consult your physician.
Hello Derek,

I'll respond on this forum in case it would help others . . . do you know if others have found the Zeo and the ResMed Quattro particularly compatible - or - at odds with each other?

Thank you,
Renee
_________

Derek@Zeo said:
Hi Everyone -

My name is Derek and I work for Zeo. I have dropped by SleepGuide in the past to join the discussion about Zeo and just wanted to chime in again to let you know that I'm here and happy to answer any questions you might have about Zeo.

Matt - I'm biased about Zeo, so instead of offering my own opinion I just wanted to point you to the last conversation on SleepGuide that may contain more of what you are looking for: http://www.sleepguide.com/forum/topics/my-zeo-sleep-machinemonitor - let me know if you have other specific questions I can help answer.

Rock & Mike - good to see you both again. Thanks for your objective commentary.

Renee - many people find that their headgear does not interfere with the Zeo headband, but it does depend on which type of mask you are using. As long as the headband can be worn on the forehead without sliding around or falling off, it will collect sleep data successfully. Make sure to follow the manufacturer’s recommendations when using any other equipment with Zeo.

Please let me know if you have any questions here or directly via email.

Regards,
Derek (@Zeo)
[derek@myzeo.com]

PS - it's important that I mention that Zeo is neither a medical device nor a medical program and is not intended for the diagnosis or treatment of sleep disorders. If you suspect that you may have a sleep disorder, consult your physician.
Hi Renee -

I am not sure about that particular model - sorry!

If you decide to buy Zeo and it doesn't work out, we do offer a 30-day money back guarantee (http://www.myzeo.com/pages/338_money_back_guarantee.cfm) where you would only be responsible for shipping.

Thanks for reaching out.

Best,
Derek (@Zeo)
[derek@myzeo.com]

PS - Thanks, Jeff.
As I said in the link posted the Zeo looks very cool.
Bottom line - and simple question - for me is: Does it accurately detect and graph the different sleep stages and duration of time spent in each stage?

(Sorry if the answer has been linked to... not doing so well with this speech recognition and navigating the internet right now [ i am quadriplegic ])
Hello Matt,

I'm glad you posted this query. I've been wondering about this, myself - just exactly the two points about Zeo that you posted and questioned so clearly. This is a big help to me. So, thank you.

Best,
Renee

Matt said:
Bottom line - and simple question - for me is: Does it accurately detect and graph the different sleep stages and duration of time spent in each stage?

(Sorry if the answer has been linked to... not doing so well with this speech recognition and navigating the internet right now [ i am quadriplegic ])
The only way to tell that would be to wear one while having a PSG performed. Zeo has offered some data on this in the link that Derek provided. I am leary of corporate sponsered data though. Sorry Derek. Mike and I both have tried to get one for experimentation and review. They will not come off of them. I am not going to say that I understand the technology behind the Zeo. The area of the brain that the Zeo covers is the same area that fast or wake brain activity is recorded from. The Zeo does not encompass one EEG site that is used to record the slow waves of sleep. I have also seen quite a few software programs used to record sleep. I have not seen one that could accurately determine what stage of sleep is being recorded.

With that being said I would love to find out that this thing worked.

Matt said:

Derek? Hope I didn't scare him off.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by The SleepGuide Crew.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service