Join Our Newsletter

New? Free Sign Up

Then check our Welcome Center to a Community Caring about Sleep Apnea diagnosis and Sleep Apnea treatment:

CPAP machines, Sleep Apnea surgery and dental appliances.

CPAP Supplies

Latest Activity

Steven B. Ronsen updated their profile
Mar 5
Dan Lyons updated their profile
Mar 7, 2022
99 replied to Mike's discussion SPO 7500 Users?
"please keep me updated about oximeters "
Dec 4, 2021
Stefan updated their profile
Sep 16, 2019
Profile IconBLev and bruce david joined SleepGuide
Aug 21, 2019
Have heard through the grapevine that this is a good oximeter, and it produces some pretty reports that can give us all additional data points to track as to whether our sleep apnea treatment is working or not. check it out:

wondering how many people have used this, or would be interested in using this?

Views: 1102

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For any geeks out there interested in the technology underlying the SPO 7500 oximeter, found this from their site:

"SPO (SPO Medical Equipment Ltd.) is a medical based technology
company that has developed a pulse oximetry technique which can
be applied to a series of non-invasive blood oxygen saturation
and pulse rate monitors. Applications including respiratory
distress monitors for hospital patients, early warning of crib
death conditions (SIDS), fitness training etc.

SPO has developed a technology that can utilize the reflective
method where the sensor is located on one side of the body part
used to measure the necessary parameters. In essence, this
creates the ability to measure oxygen saturation at almost any
point on the body. SPO's reflective oximetry technology differs
from that of other reflective oximetry techniques since it
involves the application of a unique algorithm that enables an
accurate measurement of both pulse and oxygen levels (Patent
pending).

SPO's sensor will monitor the oxygen saturation levels in the
blood by pulse oximetry i.e. changes in light intensity as it
passes through or is reflected back from human tissue. Two or
more different wavelengths (usually in the visible and infrared
wavelength) are used. Comparisons between the standard signal and
the variances can be used to calculate the oxygen saturation of
arterial blood."
geeking out over the shiny new toy i got today in the mail: my very own SPO 7500 oximeter!! i'm going to test it out and will post impressions/results on the forum as I learn more.
You should be quite pleased and intrigued w/it and its data, Mike. Let me know what type of finger sensor they are using now, will you? And what version of the software now?
it's version 1.0 June 2006 edition software. the finger sensor is a black rubbery sensor that you place over your fingertip. doesn't look as if it needs to be disposed of or replaced. is that what you were asking, and how does that compare to yours?

Judy said:
You should be quite pleased and intrigued w/it and its data, Mike. Let me know what type of finger sensor they are using now, will you? And what version of the software now?
You definietely don't want to dispose of that sensor. It's the most expensive part of the whole contraption!

Mike said:
it's version 1.0 June 2006 edition software. the finger sensor is a black rubbery sensor that you place over your fingertip. doesn't look as if it needs to be disposed of or replaced. is that what you were asking, and how does that compare to yours?

Judy said:
Hmmm, doesn't sound like the software has been updated then. I like the finger cup sensor as it reduced the need to use the button on the 7500 to turn it on and off, That On/Off button was a real headache w/the original model. On the other hand the sensor you had to tape to your finger was more comfortable. I found too w/the rubber finger cup sensor that a strip of tape sufficed to secure it better, keep it more stable and reduced "errors".
truth be told, i drank a few too many glasses of wine last night and didn't put this on ;-) I'll try tonight.
anyone know whether i have to set anything in motion with the software on the computer before just letting 'er rip and recording a night's data?

Mike said:
truth be told, i drank a few too many glasses of wine last night and didn't put this on ;-) I'll try tonight.
i'm still giddy over all the data i can get off this thing. here's my first night's data. should i be alarmed that my sp02 dipped down to 85 at one point?

spo-7500-data-report

You only slept 3 hours and 27 minutes??? What? Too excited about your SPO 7500 to sleep? Too curous?? *wicked grin*

Nah, not to worry. You only spent 1/10 of a minute under 90%. Maybe a sneeze or a sigh?
LOL. it actually split up my night into a few studies, probably because i messed with the device in my sleep or something without realizing it. so i only posted the longest duration on here as a representative sample of the full night.

Judy said:
You only slept 3 hours and 27 minutes??? What? Too excited about your SPO 7500 to sleep? Too curous?? *wicked grin*

Nah, not to worry. You only spent 1/10 of a minute under 90%. Maybe a sneeze or a sigh?
I thought that might be the case. Try taping the finger cup to your finger. I did find the my replacement SPO 7500 a tad "touchy" about movement. But the On/Off button on the original was a b*tch to use and I sure appreciated the replacment. SPO Medical was great about the replacment, support, etc. Very good to work with.

So was Turner Medical. I contacted them right away but did tell them I had contacted SPO. Turner told me if SPO didn't stand behind the 7500 to send it back to Turner and they would refund my money.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by The SleepGuide Crew.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service