Join Our Newsletter

New? Free Sign Up

Then check our Welcome Center to a Community Caring about Sleep Apnea diagnosis and Sleep Apnea treatment:

CPAP machines, Sleep Apnea surgery and dental appliances.

CPAP Supplies

Latest Activity

Steven B. Ronsen updated their profile
Mar 5
Dan Lyons updated their profile
Mar 7, 2022
99 replied to Mike's discussion SPO 7500 Users?
"please keep me updated about oximeters "
Dec 4, 2021
Stefan updated their profile
Sep 16, 2019
Profile IconBLev and bruce david joined SleepGuide
Aug 21, 2019

My Personal Experience with "Pur-Sleep" Aromatics..........

Dear Group,
At the suggestion of SleepyCarol, I contacted Bret at Pur-Sleep to obtain some samples from his collection of aromatics for PAP users. I contacted Bret last week at the end of the week and received my samples in the mail on Tuesday (1/6/09). I read all about the little vials contents and then sent an email with questions to Bret and he replied almost immediately! I could not wait to have armoatherapy in my bedroom again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I must tell you all, PUR-SLEEP is FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You simply place the little cardboard stand behind your PAP device, add a couple of drops onto one of the little circular paper-like discs, and turn on your PAP device and voila! You have instant mild aromatherapy flowing into your PAP mask and are breathing a very lovely smell that relaxes you while you breathe in the pure essential oils of whatever vial you chose to use that night! I love Lavender myself, so I used the CALM last night, and will use the PEACE tonight. These two have the same if not similar oils in them.

I cannot attest to how long the disc will last yet, as I have only used it last night for the first time. But I am here to tell you - IT WORKS! Aromatherapy is used for many reasons, and Lavender, especially, is used to promote calmness, reduce stress, and also promotes healing. I keep my home filled with the scent of Lavender, but I always make sure it is only the Pure Essential Oil of Lavender.

Now I am going to the website to check out the pricing on their starter kits, and see when I will be able to order one for myself. NO MORE SMELL OF PLASTICS OR MEDICAL SMELLS THROUGH THIS WOMAN'S BI-PAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here is their website:
www.pur-sleep.com

I encourage anyone to try this, as it was extremely helpful to me and my sleep last night, and I intend to continue using this wonderful idea that Bret came up with and sells directly.

Thank you Bret and Pur-Sleep!
Melodie Aultman-Morris

Views: 878

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just want to make clear that this site has no connection to Pur-Sleep whatsoever (i haven't actually even tried it myself) --- but this is a very helpful review. Thanks, Melodie!
I too like the pur-sleep aromatherapy. It creates a pleasant calming effect when using your machine.
Ok, I have now been using the samples of Pur-Sleep I received from Bret for 3 nights now, and I can attest to the fact that the scent remained on the little disc for 2 nights before I had to add a few more drops. This is still giving me the pleasant scent and more peaceful sleep that I so longed for.

I will be ordering Pur-Sleep aromatics very soon!

Just wanted to update everyone on my experience. Carol, what is YOUR favorite scent? Can you give us any more input on Pur-Sleep?

Thanks,
Melodie
I was wondering how that went for you Melodie. Glad to hear back. The basic idea behind the product is that the sense of smell is part of the brain's limbic system, the home of emotions (good and bad). Just like it's impossible to literally think of two things at once it's impossible to have two emotions at the same time. Smells that we find to be pleasant are powerful forces in bringing about pleasant emotions--it's kind of automatic. On top of that it's a good way to cover up the new car smell. In retrospect I think that chemosensory irritation was an underlying (subconscious) problem in using my CAPA and that's why these products helped me so much. But of course bear in mind that unlike sleepycarol and Sleepguide and everyone else, I am the product developer and business owner, so take that for what it's worth.

The largest private DME in the UK just signed up as a distributor so we will soon have product in the UK with plans to expand to the EU. We'll see how that goes....
My favorites are spice, calm, and clear.

I would recommend if you are sleep professional to get a hold of Bret and see if he can send you some brochures. I have no interest in his company except as a greatful user.
Sleepguy said:
I was wondering how that went for you Melodie. Glad to hear back. The basic idea behind the product is that the sense of smell is part of the brain's limbic system, the home of emotions (good and bad). Just like it's impossible to literally think of two things at once it's impossible to have two emotions at the same time. Smells that we find to be pleasant are powerful forces in bringing about pleasant emotions--it's kind of automatic. On top of that it's a good way to cover up the new car smell. In retrospect I think that chemosensory irritation was an underlying (subconscious) problem in using my CAPA and that's why these products helped me so much. But of course bear in mind that unlike sleepycarol and Sleepguide and everyone else, I am the product developer and business owner, so take that for what it's worth.

The largest private DME in the UK just signed up as a distributor so we will soon have product in the UK with plans to expand to the EU. We'll see how that goes....

Bret,
I'm so glad to see you post on this discussion board, and especially in response to my topic on "My Experience with Pur-Sleep"!!!!!!!!!

I still cannot find where you sent me a catalog or anything that gives me pricing and options for the product itself. Should I just go to your website and contact you after reviewing it more thoroughly? I am anxious to place an order with you, as I never want to be without your products. As I stated in my review of the samples you sent, the aromatics are so pleasant and take me to that very "happy place" where I can truly relax and unwind from any and all stressors - and simply drift off to sleep with my Bi-PAP and enjoy the pleasant fragrances.

I would HIGHLY recommend your products to everyone looking for additional "creature comforts" or as an "enhancement" to their PAP therapy, and rate it as a #9.5 or 10 on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the highest rating! Pur-Sleep is definitely one of those products I would list as "cannot live without".....................

Again, I have NO vested interest in Pur-Sleep other than being an anxious customer/consumer that absolutely LOVES the PRODUCT!

Thanks again Bret and Pur-Sleep!
Melodie
Thanks for all your inputs I like to try this out with my wife uses a cpap and I use a bipap I would be interested in finding out more.
PM sleepguy here on the forum or go to his website: www.pur-sleep.com.

It is a great tool for those of us using cpap machines.
Since this topic came up on the boards I thought I would bump this thread. I hope it doesn't sound too spammy because I am the person behind the aromatic cpap products but this is exactly why I developed them. The long story is on my bio page here if anyone cares to learn more.
How did it go Patrick?

Patrick said:
I ordered the pursleep system the other day and it arrived in the mail this afternoon, I will see how this works out and let you know.

Patrick
glad you're getting to sleep faster with it. but the aromatherapy also changes your mood? in what way?

Patrick said:
so far so good, I have not noticed a huge change, but I do notice the change in mood and going to sleep faster.

Mike said:
How did it go Patrick?

Patrick said:
I ordered the pursleep system the other day and it arrived in the mail this afternoon, I will see how this works out and let you know.

Patrick
What has your testing shown? Do people respond to certain scents the same way or is it an individual preference? I love essential oils, it certainly makes a difference in my mood. THANKS.

Sleepguy said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by The SleepGuide Crew.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service