Join Our Newsletter

New? Free Sign Up

Then check our Welcome Center to a Community Caring about Sleep Apnea diagnosis and Sleep Apnea treatment:

CPAP machines, Sleep Apnea surgery and dental appliances.

CPAP Supplies

Latest Activity

Steven B. Ronsen updated their profile
Mar 5
Dan Lyons updated their profile
Mar 7, 2022
99 replied to Mike's discussion SPO 7500 Users?
"please keep me updated about oximeters "
Dec 4, 2021
Stefan updated their profile
Sep 16, 2019
Profile IconBLev and bruce david joined SleepGuide
Aug 21, 2019
Hey all!
I haven't been online in a few months, but I'm back now. My Bi-pap auto sv is doing some strange things lately. It's making sputtering sounds and sputtering me with blasts of air, kind of like a bb-gun or something. There's no water or anything in the hose and no apparent reason for it to be doing this, but it's been happening a couple nights a week - right as I'm drifting off to sleep, so of course it wakes me up and startles me. Has anyone ever had this to happen????
My neighbor is a RT and works for a local DME here, and he came over and checked it out - but of course it didn't act up when he came over to check it!!!!!!!!!!

I hope I'm explaining it right so that you can get the drift of what I'm trying to explain is happening........it just suddenly starts pop, popping bursts of air - then goes back to normal, then it will start doing it more. It is VERY frustrating to say the least and I don't know what to do about it. I even tried using it without the humidifier to be sure it had nothing to do with any water or anything, and it didn't.

Has anyone ever had this happen to them? And if so, what causes it and why? And what can you do about it? It's so frustrating that when it happens alot, I just pull off my mask and sleep the rest of the night without it on - which I know is the WRONG thing to do. But otherwise I'm not getting restful sleep for being interrupted by these crazy bursts of air through the hose.

Hoping someone can offer some suggestions or has had this same experience and give me some advice.

Thanks much!
Melodie (Mel)

Views: 62

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Melodie,
It sounds as if there may be an intermittent problem in the circuitry of your machine. It is very difficult to diagnose the exact cause due to it intermittency.

My suggestion is that you contact a reputable DME or the machine's manufacture and have it repaired by an authorized service center.

I would do it as soon as possible as the machine may become a safety hazard.

Dependant upon the unit’s age, you may want to consider replacing it. Explore the financial aspect of each option.

You may also want to consult you insurance carrier to see what their stance is also. Is it within their window of replacement?

Good luck

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by The SleepGuide Crew.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service