Join Our Newsletter

New? Free Sign Up

Then check our Welcome Center to a Community Caring about Sleep Apnea diagnosis and Sleep Apnea treatment:

CPAP machines, Sleep Apnea surgery and dental appliances.

CPAP Supplies

Latest Activity

Steven B. Ronsen updated their profile
Mar 5
Dan Lyons updated their profile
Mar 7, 2022
99 replied to Mike's discussion SPO 7500 Users?
"please keep me updated about oximeters "
Dec 4, 2021
Stefan updated their profile
Sep 16, 2019
Profile IconBLev and bruce david joined SleepGuide
Aug 21, 2019

I am the type of person that usually "gives in" to the needs of others...I have always allowed whoever is riding in the car with me to CHOOSE the radio station...force of habit...been this way all my life.

My husband suffers from panic disorder and I have a CPAP machine...I finally MOVED out of our master bedroom to another room on the other side of the house because of his complaints that it is too noisy.  I don't believe it is that bad, but I just don't want to hear the complaining.  He is getting mighty comfortable in our kingbed. I am in a twin bed on the other side of the house. 

Does our "intimate" life suffer....OH YEAH...His sleep patterns, he probably could use a CPAP too...however, he will never go in to get his sleep problems analyzed. 

Another factor, I have Multiple Sclerosis...yeah....I ain't kidding.

I've been diagnosed for about 24 yrs now.  I am mobile and only have problems with stamina...for the most part, I take care of the home. Quit working 2003 because I was exacerbating too often.

I'm venting.  I am not real happy about all of this but DUE to someone else's struggles with FEAR ...

Well...I don't know.

I would love to throw the CPAP out...but I do sleep better with it than without.

oh help....blessings to all!

Mary

Views: 1180

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Mary,

I have a wifw who complained of the high pitched "squeal" out of my CPAP and it also annoyed me.

I simply put a pillow over the darn thing at night (machine is on the floor). It cured it and all is well.

Sometimes the obvious is overlooked. Hope this helps!

He just wants it GONE.  Unless I can reduce the pressure he thinks there is no solution.

I will try it on the floor....He claims the problem is from the air flow by the nose pillow...

I am so annoyed I could scream....oh yeah....this is how I scream.

:) 

Thanks

Sounds like you have a mask leak. You should talk to your equipment supplier about it. Could call for mask refitting, mask liners, different type of mask, etc. my point is this is a sign that the therapy isn't working as it should. Time to start problem solving ... We can help you along the way
Mary, I moved beds prior to being diagnosed as I was kicking, tossing and turning and even jumping up because I couldn't breathe. Now I hardly move at all but my wife hates even the look of my CPAP, but I don't care because it has saved my life. I would suggest that you don't put it on the floor, it can suck up dust into the filter being on the floor, it should be just below head high, not above your head either. I don't know about the intimacy, I've been married 25 years s it doesn't really matter lol. Personally after being on CPAP for over a year, I know which one I would rather give up and it's not my 'Silvie' that's the name I have for my CPAP. How long have you been on CPAP, I thought it may have helped your stamina and my have relieved some of your MS symptoms. Good luck, if you can get a good nights sleep that's really all that matters in life!

I have both the pillows and a full face mask. They both are a pain as far as air leaks due to the pressure inside, as huby surmises. I do better with the full face mask and you may too.

The only thing you can do now is tighten the pillows to your face, but you'll probably still get some leaks, just not as bad. Try a full face mask; I like the RESMED products. Make sure the elastic part is clean and free from oils from the face.

mary folse said:

He just wants it GONE.  Unless I can reduce the pressure he thinks there is no solution.

I will try it on the floor....He claims the problem is from the air flow by the nose pillow...

I am so annoyed I could scream....oh yeah....this is how I scream.

:) 

Thanks

The noise thing is just an excuse to get you out of the room . After I moved to the guest room I noticed my wife leaving the tv on in the bedroom or maybe a fan running all night . No one should have to give up their bedroom . I now have mine back -- divorce took care of that !! Spoiled people get what they deserve .

Mary, 

I'm very sorry to hear of your struggles.  I work for Naturs Design, Inc.  We manufacture RemZzzs, a cotton CPAP mask liners for full face and nasal masks.  It goes in between your face and your CPAP mask to help stop leaks, increase comfort and help you to become CPAP compliant.  If you would like to email me your full face or nasal mask name and cushion size, I will send you a complimentary sample to try.  My email is: social@remzzzs.com.

~Becky B. at RemZzzs

ha ha......yeah, i know what you mean......I just figure it is time to make the NEW room livable....and if he doesn't want me back there....well......the "chips" may fall.

No question, I want to LIVE.  I definitely have a left bundle branch block, my mother and grandmother both had heart rhythm problems...grandmother had pacemaker, mom has a pacemaker defibrillator.  no question, the cpap stays one way or another.  If I can help it, I would like to BYPASS any need for pacemaker/defib....

mountainman said:

The noise thing is just an excuse to get you out of the room . After I moved to the guest room I noticed my wife leaving the tv on in the bedroom or maybe a fan running all night . No one should have to give up their bedroom . I now have mine back -- divorce took care of that !! Spoiled people get what they deserve .

You may want to consider an oral appliance or surgery! See the discussion below:

http://www.sleepguide.com/forum/topics/alternatives-to-cpap-do-they...

thanks Mike...Steve is m soul mate.  a dear soul that suffers so much with his panic disorder.  We have many other stresses right now, he is trying to change jobs.  This is a totally new ballgame for his situation.  He struggles with fears and phobias and just can't turn them off. 

Tis just how it is .   Just a time for struggle.  We will get through it.  My BIL is having open heart surgery today, my mom just got moved to a nursing home...Regular life stress...

Talking about it helps.  Had  great night's sleep last night too!...

Mike C (STILL at the Beach!) said:

This may be of little or no comfort, but MY wife has kicked me out of be a LOT in the past 30+ years and it never was due to OSA..... But, I eventually moved to my own tiny room of my own over 20 years ago due to my endless night terrors of War etc. I got tired of waking up screaming and seeing my wife's terrified face.  Wonderful & funny thing about true love however. We are STILL hopelessly in love with each other and STILL share a closeness and warmth that I never thought I could ever find. No War, OSA, or all my disabilities ever REALLY came between us or REALLY "separated" us. Hard to do that when your hearts are truly close.

Mary

This may sound like a commercial (I promise I have no stake in the company) but I found that a mask liner has helped a great deal for me. If it is the sound when the mask leaks make that bugs your husband try the liners from a company call QuietUsLiners. It is cloth with a coating on one side that clings to the mask. My wife reports it got rid of the leak sounds. They are washable but a few uses and one or two washes they get too stretched out to use. 10 of the liners are $21.95 plus postage. There is also a liner called RemZZ but I have not tried those. Hope this helps.

Terry

I always have a fan running at all times that would keep the air in the bedroom circulating and drown out the noise. I also use 2 air purifiers in the house high speed hunter hepa. That also helps drown out the noise.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by The SleepGuide Crew.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service