Join Our Newsletter

New? Free Sign Up

Then check our Welcome Center to a Community Caring about Sleep Apnea diagnosis and Sleep Apnea treatment:

CPAP machines, Sleep Apnea surgery and dental appliances.

CPAP Supplies

Latest Activity

Steven B. Ronsen updated their profile
Mar 5
Dan Lyons updated their profile
Mar 7, 2022
99 replied to Mike's discussion SPO 7500 Users?
"please keep me updated about oximeters "
Dec 4, 2021
Stefan updated their profile
Sep 16, 2019
Profile IconBLev and bruce david joined SleepGuide
Aug 21, 2019
How often should you go in for a follow up sleep study? I went on C-Pap in 1995 and haven't been back for a study since. The only reason why is that it works, but I told a friend of mine who is a respiratory therapist and she said "oh my god" Get in for another study right away. So what is the norm?

Views: 1083

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here is what I do at my lab. 

1. IF YOU HAD A SPLIT NIGHT STUDY- FOLLOW UP TITRATION 6 MONTHS TO 2 YEARS. (Depending how you feel.)

2. IF YOU HAD FULL NIGHT CPAP STUDY- 2 TO 5 YEARS. ( Depending on how you feel.)

After that, every 5-7 years you should get a new one, as you qualify for a new CPAP, its good to get another one done.  Remember, you can find labs that offer portable studies that can atleast show how you are doing at your current pressure anytime.  These studies cost anywhere from $100 to $1000 depending where you live and how extensive the portable is.  We charge $150 for a portable at our lab.  Also, always make sure they give you a straight answer on what your AHI or RDI  (basically how many times you woke up from respiratory events and how many you had per hour) at the final pressure.  Its important to know if they left off at a pressure that is suitable for you.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by The SleepGuide Crew.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service