Join Our Newsletter

New? Free Sign Up

Then check our Welcome Center to a Community Caring about Sleep Apnea diagnosis and Sleep Apnea treatment:

CPAP machines, Sleep Apnea surgery and dental appliances.

CPAP Supplies

Latest Activity

liz4cps commented on liz4cps's group Prince William Co, VA support group
"BluePoint Medical* holding their next Remedy event on June 4 with Terry Cralle, RN on "Sleep in the Mordern Family".  They will also be checking CPAP machines and providing breakfast. Click on link above for more…"
May 7
Dan Lyons posted a discussion

CPAP & Dry Mouth

In recent months, I have developed extreme dry mouth as a result of the CPAP.  I am a mouth breather when using CPAP.Recently, I saw an advertisement for the symptoms of dry mouth, but as usual, when I need the information to have a discussion with both my primary care  physician and my dentist I haven't seen the ad. Has anyone else seen the ad and can anyone remember the info in the ad?Thanks in advance,DanSee More
Mar 30
richard graham posted a status
"My deductible is double what a machine is online but I can't get the machine set up. Any ideas?"
Mar 10
BeeAsleep posted a status
"Hi all. I am just checking in and saying hi after being gone for a long time. I am doing GREAT! Just got a new machine and mask. Feel like I"
Jan 23
BeeAsleep updated their profile
Jan 23
99 replied to Fred's discussion CPAP - cure worse than the disease
"Do not turn light on as this hinder you from falling asleep or choose red light instead which do not afect your sleep"
Oct 27, 2015
99 left a comment for Joan Williams Rice
"Hi Joan visiting pelham and I have osa"
Oct 27, 2015
99 left a comment for martha crabtree
"Hi maths visiting pelham "
Oct 27, 2015
99 left a comment for Rhonda Harrison
"Hi Rhondda I am visiting pelham and have osa "
Oct 27, 2015
99 posted a discussion

Leaky gut

Do you have a leaky gutHow would you knowA telltale sign for leaky gut is Athletes footI wish to ask do you have or suffer from itThe reason I ask is maybe this is a common denominatorJust text yes or text noAnd if you are the first to text also keep a tallyExample38 yes 0 noYour input would alter the tally39 yes 0 noSo now I will input first1 yes. 0 noSee More
Sep 26, 2015
richard graham posted a status
"For the first time in a while I got a whole night sleep with my machine but woke up beat and left side of my head feels weird, not sure if"
Sep 2, 2015
Brendan Duffy posted a status
"How did you slhttp://blog.aastweb.org/winners-and-losers-food-for-thought-sleep-and-athletic-success?utm_campaign=subscribers&utm_source=hs_"
Jul 9, 2015
Pat Kniel updated their profile
Jul 7, 2015
ZolliStar replied to Fred's discussion CPAP - cure worse than the disease
"I'm wondering: what prompted you to consider whether you have sleep apnea in the first place? Also, waking throughout the night isn't uncommon especially as we (*sigh*) age.  I seem to every 90 minutes or so. This pattern probably…"
Jun 27, 2015
ZolliStar replied to ZolliStar's discussion New mouth device on the market
"You can try this website:  http://zyppah.com/ I have a MAD (mandibular advancement device). Dr. Steven Park evaluated my mouth and throat (not everyone can use a MAD, it turns out) and pronounced me a candidate for it. The truth?  I…"
Jun 27, 2015
Mary Z replied to ZolliStar's discussion New mouth device on the market
"The link didn't work so me so I couldn't see the product.  I do have experience with a supposedly reliable boil and bite device.  I should know by now I have a small mouth and nothing regular size fits.  I don't think…"
Jun 27, 2015
richard graham replied to ZolliStar's discussion New mouth device on the market
"If I thought something could work other than this lousy cpap that would be awesome"
May 22, 2015
richard graham posted a status
"I moved and have been sick a lot and can't use cpap because of cough and I'm depressed a lot"
Apr 26, 2015
Fred posted a discussion

CPAP - cure worse than the disease

It's ironic that before I was diagnosed with sleep apnea in 2000, I had no problem sleeping 8-9 hours a night. If I did wake up during the night, I had no problem falling right back to sleep, and I wasn't tired during the day.From the first night I brought home the CPAP I haven't had one decent night's sleep. Not one. I don't have any problem falling asleep, but I can't stay asleep. At first I was waking up after 4-5 hours and couldn't get back to sleep for a couple of hours. Now it's more like…See More
Apr 13, 2015
Fred updated their profile
Apr 13, 2015

I've been using my CPAP for almost five weeks now and have developed a substantial pair of eye bags. Apart from the fact that they offend my vanity, do they reflect/represent that I'm doing something wrong?

 

If eye-bags come with the territory, then (like living with a CPAP for the rest of my life), I'll live with them. But I'd definitely prefer not to!

 

Anyone have this problem? And able to offer a solution? Or am I just the lucky winner?! 

Views: 1305

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The only time I personally have any under eye puffiness (sounds better than bags!)  is when mask is leaking in to my eyes badly.

Hmmmmm.... I never thought of this.

 

Also, I'm not aware of the leaking. On the other hand, I am asleep :-)  That said, sometimes it's one eye;  sometimes both. I may dislodge the mask just enough for it to air leakage into one eye and, on a toss-and-turn night, into both.

 

Thank you very much for this insight, Ginny. It's very useful.
I may be wrong!  :)

ZolliStar said:

Hmmmmm.... I never thought of this.

 

Also, I'm not aware of the leaking. On the other hand, I am asleep :-)  That said, sometimes it's one eye;  sometimes both. I may dislodge the mask just enough for it to air leakage into one eye and, on a toss-and-turn night, into both.

 

Thank you very much for this insight, Ginny. It's very useful.
I had badly swollen eyes- under the eyes and my eyelids while using the Quattro FFM.  I believe it was the style of the mask as I didn't have any air leaking into my eyes.  I changed to a Respironics FitLife Total Face Mask.  It goes around the eyes, not over the nose under the eyes and so puts no pressure in this delicate area.
SNAP!  In the UK that means "exactly the same" just in case it doesn't mean this over the pond ;)  The Quattro also did that to mean + I'm a Fit Life convert like you Mary, alternating between that and the Hybrid.

Mary Z said:
I had badly swollen eyes- under the eyes and my eyelids while using the Quattro FFM.  I believe it was the style of the mask as I didn't have any air leaking into my eyes.  I changed to a Respironics FitLife Total Face Mask.  It goes around the eyes, not over the nose under the eyes and so puts no pressure in this delicate area.
Hi Zollistar, Their are many cpap pillows and hose managment systems that reduce the tugging and pushing that happens when moving to a different position. Less leaks.Good Sleep,Chris

ZolliStar said:

Hmmmmm.... I never thought of this.

 

Also, I'm not aware of the leaking. On the other hand, I am asleep :-)  That said, sometimes it's one eye;  sometimes both. I may dislodge the mask just enough for it to air leakage into one eye and, on a toss-and-turn night, into both.

 

Thank you very much for this insight, Ginny. It's very useful.

This is very helpful information from both of you. Thank you!

 

(And thanks for the translation from across the pond, Kath.)

 

My mask, btw, is a Mirage Micro. But I'm wondering if I should change into a Respironics FitLife Total Face Mask. That said, I'm awaiting the arrival of an Mirage FX for Her. Maybe that will do the trick. If not, I''m taking notes: FitLife, here I (might!) come!

Kath Hope www.hope2Sleep.co.uk said:

SNAP!  In the UK that means "exactly the same" just in case it doesn't mean this over the pond ;)  The Quattro also did that to mean + I'm a Fit Life convert like you Mary, alternating between that and the Hybrid.

Mary Z said:
I had badly swollen eyes- under the eyes and my eyelids while using the Quattro FFM.  I believe it was the style of the mask as I didn't have any air leaking into my eyes.  I changed to a Respironics FitLife Total Face Mask.  It goes around the eyes, not over the nose under the eyes and so puts no pressure in this delicate area.
Kathy, I know I "spoke" with you before.  Does the fit Life do well, in your opinion for a small face.  And I think you said you sleep on your side, even with this mask.  I may have to give it a try. Took a nap this afternoon (bad night last night~used 3 different kinds of masks~NOT all at once~LOL) SO I was tired.  FOr the hour nap the Quattro FX did fine so I am trying to think ++ about tonight.

Kath Hope www.hope2Sleep.co.uk said:
SNAP!  In the UK that means "exactly the same" just in case it doesn't mean this over the pond ;)  The Quattro also did that to mean + I'm a Fit Life convert like you Mary, alternating between that and the Hybrid.

Mary Z said:
I had badly swollen eyes- under the eyes and my eyelids while using the Quattro FFM.  I believe it was the style of the mask as I didn't have any air leaking into my eyes.  I changed to a Respironics FitLife Total Face Mask.  It goes around the eyes, not over the nose under the eyes and so puts no pressure in this delicate area.

Hi Ginny.  Just a quickie before bed..... (it's 12.35 am here in the UK).  I have what is probably a medium face, but I think Mary has a small face, so best ask her about this.  However, I never ever sleep on my back and manage to sleep on my side with this mask on the edge of the pillow.  Those shaped pillows with cut-outs never seem to be in the right place for me :( hence the fact that I've designed my own pillow which is on the patent list + ready for manufacture now, and what a long job this has been.   I had a friend round today who hasn't seen me for a while + she commented how much better my face looks.  This is since I've only used the Fitlife + Hybrid.  The Quattro is the worst one for me.  We're all so different though.  Hope I've helped rather than confuse you further LOL.  Good Night!



Ginny Edmundson said:

Kathy, I know I "spoke" with you before.  Does the fit Life do well, in your opinion for a small face.  And I think you said you sleep on your side, even with this mask.  I may have to give it a try. Took a nap this afternoon (bad night last night~used 3 different kinds of masks~NOT all at once~LOL) SO I was tired.  FOr the hour nap the Quattro FX did fine so I am trying to think ++ about tonight.

Kath Hope www.hope2Sleep.co.uk said:
SNAP!  In the UK that means "exactly the same" just in case it doesn't mean this over the pond ;)  The Quattro also did that to mean + I'm a Fit Life convert like you Mary, alternating between that and the Hybrid.

Mary Z said:
I had badly swollen eyes- under the eyes and my eyelids while using the Quattro FFM.  I believe it was the style of the mask as I didn't have any air leaking into my eyes.  I changed to a Respironics FitLife Total Face Mask.  It goes around the eyes, not over the nose under the eyes and so puts no pressure in this delicate area.
bump

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2016   Created by The SleepGuide Crew.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service