Join Our Newsletter

New? Free Sign Up

Then check our Welcome Center to a Community Caring about Sleep Apnea diagnosis and Sleep Apnea treatment:

CPAP machines, Sleep Apnea surgery and dental appliances.

CPAP Supplies

Latest Activity

99 replied to Mary Z's discussion AHI finally under five.
"Hi Richard I mainly use an empty humidifier as it reduces noise"
Feb 16
richard graham left a comment for richard graham
"When I can afford it I'd like to get New machine with heated tube"
Feb 10
richard graham replied to Mary Z's discussion AHI finally under five.
"I would like to see this forum active again as well. I will be more aware of what's going on"
Feb 10
ZolliStar posted a discussion

If you have trouble falling asleep....

I thought that when I got my sleep apnea diagnosis, that -- at last! -- all my sleep problems had come to an end.Ha!I have trouble falling asleep. Indeed, I rarely feel sleepy at night although I do feel tired. I even cut back on computer at night, etc., etc. (and installed f.lux on my computer) but I still had trouble. Now I'm doing something different: wearing special glasses (Uvex S1933X Skyper Safety Eyewear glasses). They block out the blue -- and they're making a difference! First I tried…See More
Feb 1
99 replied to 99's discussion colloidal silver
"i have purchased some silver the make my own colloidal silver"
Dec 21, 2014
99 replied to 99's discussion colloidal silver
"just add to the distilled water it is antimicrobial eg cleans your machine and is beneficial for keeping you healthy  from bugs germs viruses you get the picture and when you need to clean the humidifier out, put water on your plants the silver…"
Dec 21, 2014
Mary Z left a comment for richard graham
"If the heated tube works with your machine I would try that.  They also make covers for your tubing which may help some.  I think the heated tube may be your answer.  Keep us posted."
Dec 21, 2014
Mary Z left a comment for richard graham
"Richard, some folks just use the humidifier in a Passover mode.  They just don't turn it on, but let the air pick up moisture without heat."
Dec 21, 2014
Mary Z replied to 99's discussion colloidal silver
"99, where have you been?  Do you add the colloidal silver to your humidifier?"
Dec 21, 2014
Mary Z replied to Andy's discussion Resmed S8 AutoSet II - No Longer Collecting Data??
"I Andy, I realize I'm months behind your post.  I have no idea why your S8 would stoop collecting data.  I'm glad to hear  you're having such improvement with your apnea.  I have made great strides since I changed…"
Dec 21, 2014
Mary Z replied to Andy's discussion Resmed S10 AirSense - Anyone have one? Any feedback?
"Andy, just found your post.  I don't know anything about this new machine.  How are you liking your new ResMed?"
Dec 21, 2014
Mary Z left a comment for Kay Day
"Kay, I haven't been around myself and miss the old, active forum."
Dec 21, 2014
Mary Z left a comment for richard graham
"Hi Richard,  I don't bother with a humidifier.  Someone on the forum suggested not using it and I'm a lot less congested without it.  A good AHI is under 5.  I use the Wisp and have been since it came out.  I think…"
Dec 21, 2014
hifay replied to Mary Z's discussion Sleep apnea increases risk of osteoporosis
"Always something. Thanks for the information."
Dec 21, 2014
99 posted a discussion

colloidal silver

a humidifier can be used with colloidal silverthis can keep the humidifier clean for day maybe weeks or longer without the need to clean the humidifiersilver colloidal is antimicrobial and you could just top up your humidifier without cleaning and at the same time treat your bodyor you just put silver on it own into the humidifierSee More
Dec 20, 2014
richard graham posted a status
"I feel like the humidifier is making me feel yucky and I'm waking up hacking and having to clear my throat a lot for a while."
Nov 3, 2014
richard graham posted a discussion

what's a good AHI?

I've been using and auto and it says my AHI HAS been between 4 and 6 and wondering what's a good range.
Nov 2, 2014
Andy posted a discussion

Resmed S10 AirSense - Anyone have one? Any feedback?

Hi All,I've just ordered a new Resmed S10 AirSense, and I was wondering if anyone here has used one?Any information or input would be appreciated!See More
Sep 29, 2014
Andy replied to Andy's discussion Resmed S8 AutoSet II - No Longer Collecting Data??
"Hi All, Well, I went to the sleep doc today, and he ordered a new S10 for me! I still don't know why my S8 is not tracking data anymore. Anyone have any ideas?"
Sep 29, 2014
Oscar Lemus updated their profile
Sep 25, 2014
I've heard that studies are being conducted of people who still subjectively report feeling sleepy even after having successfully used CPAP. Wondering if this has happened to anyone, or how common it is?

Views: 2777

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Everyone,

I've been using CPAP for about 18months. Although i had LOADS of problems with mask fitting in the early days I'm kind of happy with the liberty mask now.

I still get sleepy during the day, and I find motivating myself very difficult. However, i was recently prescribed Provigil which does seem to have had a good (if not brilliant) effect.

I'm seeing my Consultant tomorrow (I only get 6 monthly appointments).

Is there any way i can get a memory stick thing for my ResMed to record my own data and upload it onto my own PC?

Thanks

Neil
Neil, I'll start a new thread on this to get it some more attention. Good question. I believe ResMed has a good software solution out there. I know some folks have set themselves up with Restrax, but I'll post to the other thread and see whether our ResMed experts can weigh in.

Neil James said:
Hi Everyone,

I've been using CPAP for about 18months. Although i had LOADS of problems with mask fitting in the early days I'm kind of happy with the liberty mask now.

I still get sleepy during the day, and I find motivating myself very difficult. However, i was recently prescribed Provigil which does seem to have had a good (if not brilliant) effect.

I'm seeing my Consultant tomorrow (I only get 6 monthly appointments).

Is there any way i can get a memory stick thing for my ResMed to record my own data and upload it onto my own PC?

Thanks

Neil
Rock,

The time ran out at my last study so they never got the apneas to completely go away but my first study fixed the apneas at 19/17 so I'm set for a range from 14E to 20I. I did post the sleep study in this thread.

I'm noticing at night that there is a pattern. I have often have hypopneas at sleep onset, this is what wakes me according to EncoreViewer, I had thought that these might be centrals but I see no indication that they are anything other than hypopneas.. My leaks usually stay around a mid to high 40's range for awhile then I often get a cluster of apneas around the 3rd and around the 6th-7th hours, my pressure then goes up and my mask leaks go much higher, I think I'm briefly waking up to fix the leaks, I often but not always remember doing this.

Rock Hinkle said:
co2 is carbon dioxide. usually it would be documented bt ETCO2= a range of 30-50. spo2 is oxygen.

I noticed in your titration that they were never really able to get your apneas to go away?

is there anyway you can post the study.

So the apneas you are having at sleep onset are keeping you from going to sleep? Leaks at onset? What exactly is going on when you fall asleep?

What did they say about your heart in the study? Any palpitations.

Break down the numbers individually for the 16/14 and 18/16. I do not believe that I am lining them up right.
Agreed.

Amy said:
I have had several patients who have had this issue. There are a couple of new studies out on the issue as well. Sometimes there are other issues that are hiding behind sleep apnea like medication interaction or idopathic hypersomnia or restless legs. If your machine is working well and your mask is fitting you properly then I would call your sleep specialist and talk to him or her. They know yoru history and they will know where to look next.
it's 4 leg movements to 1 PLM. Sorry thanks for correcting me Mollet. I must have hit the wrong key.

Mollete said:
Rock Hinkle said:
You actually have to have 3 leg movemnts in 90 sec to count one PLM. While I am not sure on the scoring of your test this could mean that your actual leg movements was 63x. When you look at the movement index in this light it makes a little more sense. However it could also mean that you only had 7 PLMs. Depends on the interpretation. You might want to find out how they came up with the #21.
This is incorrect information. There is no factor of 3 involved in the calculation of PLMs.
So what is next for BP Mollete? You seem to know alot more about this than I do. Please help me help him.

Rock Hinkle said:
it's 4 leg movements to 1 PLM. Sorry thanks for correcting me Mollet. I must have hit the wrong key.

Mollete said:
Rock Hinkle said:
You actually have to have 3 leg movemnts in 90 sec to count one PLM. While I am not sure on the scoring of your test this could mean that your actual leg movements was 63x. When you look at the movement index in this light it makes a little more sense. However it could also mean that you only had 7 PLMs. Depends on the interpretation. You might want to find out how they came up with the #21.
This is incorrect information. There is no factor of 3 involved in the calculation of PLMs.
Once again thanks for correcting me. I was taught that 4 leg movements in 90 seconds = 1 plm. I do not know why I said 3 in my previous post. Brainfart sorry sleepguide.

Mollete said:
Rock Hinkle said:
it's 4 leg movements to 1 PLM. Sorry thanks for correcting me Mollet. I must have hit the wrong key.

Mollete said:
Rock Hinkle said:
You actually have to have 3 leg movemnts in 90 sec to count one PLM. While I am not sure on the scoring of your test this could mean that your actual leg movements was 63x. When you look at the movement index in this light it makes a little more sense. However it could also mean that you only had 7 PLMs. Depends on the interpretation. You might want to find out how they came up with the #21.
This is incorrect information. There is no factor of 3 involved in the calculation of PLMs.
The rule is that you need 4 LMs within 90 seconds to identify the series as periodic and start scoring PLMs. However, they are scored as 4 PLMs, not 1.

mollete
You seem to know alot about sleep Mollete. Are you a tech?

Mollete said:
Rock Hinkle said:
So what is next for BP
As noted, he needs to get the graphics of his sleep studies scanned and posted. A picture may be worth a thousand words, but a thousand words still can't make a picture.

mollete

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2015   Created by The SleepGuide Crew.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service