Join Our Newsletter

New? Free Sign Up

Then check our Welcome Center to a Community Caring about Sleep Apnea diagnosis and Sleep Apnea treatment:

CPAP machines, Sleep Apnea surgery and dental appliances.

CPAP Supplies

Latest Activity

BeeAsleep posted a status
"Hi all. I am just checking in and saying hi after being gone for a long time. I am doing GREAT! Just got a new machine and mask. Feel like I"
Jan 23
BeeAsleep updated their profile
Jan 23
99 replied to Fred's discussion CPAP - cure worse than the disease
"Do not turn light on as this hinder you from falling asleep or choose red light instead which do not afect your sleep"
Oct 27, 2015
99 left a comment for Joan Williams Rice
"Hi Joan visiting pelham and I have osa"
Oct 27, 2015
99 left a comment for martha crabtree
"Hi maths visiting pelham "
Oct 27, 2015
99 left a comment for Rhonda Harrison
"Hi Rhondda I am visiting pelham and have osa "
Oct 27, 2015
99 posted a discussion

Leaky gut

Do you have a leaky gutHow would you knowA telltale sign for leaky gut is Athletes footI wish to ask do you have or suffer from itThe reason I ask is maybe this is a common denominatorJust text yes or text noAnd if you are the first to text also keep a tallyExample38 yes 0 noYour input would alter the tally39 yes 0 noSo now I will input first1 yes. 0 noSee More
Sep 26, 2015
richard graham posted a status
"For the first time in a while I got a whole night sleep with my machine but woke up beat and left side of my head feels weird, not sure if"
Sep 2, 2015
Brendan Duffy posted a status
"How did you slhttp://blog.aastweb.org/winners-and-losers-food-for-thought-sleep-and-athletic-success?utm_campaign=subscribers&utm_source=hs_"
Jul 9, 2015
Pat Kniel updated their profile
Jul 7, 2015
ZolliStar replied to Fred's discussion CPAP - cure worse than the disease
"I'm wondering: what prompted you to consider whether you have sleep apnea in the first place? Also, waking throughout the night isn't uncommon especially as we (*sigh*) age.  I seem to every 90 minutes or so. This pattern probably…"
Jun 27, 2015
ZolliStar replied to ZolliStar's discussion New mouth device on the market
"You can try this website:  http://zyppah.com/ I have a MAD (mandibular advancement device). Dr. Steven Park evaluated my mouth and throat (not everyone can use a MAD, it turns out) and pronounced me a candidate for it. The truth?  I…"
Jun 27, 2015
Mary Z replied to ZolliStar's discussion New mouth device on the market
"The link didn't work so me so I couldn't see the product.  I do have experience with a supposedly reliable boil and bite device.  I should know by now I have a small mouth and nothing regular size fits.  I don't think…"
Jun 27, 2015
richard graham replied to ZolliStar's discussion New mouth device on the market
"If I thought something could work other than this lousy cpap that would be awesome"
May 22, 2015
richard graham posted a status
"I moved and have been sick a lot and can't use cpap because of cough and I'm depressed a lot"
Apr 26, 2015
Fred posted a discussion

CPAP - cure worse than the disease

It's ironic that before I was diagnosed with sleep apnea in 2000, I had no problem sleeping 8-9 hours a night. If I did wake up during the night, I had no problem falling right back to sleep, and I wasn't tired during the day.From the first night I brought home the CPAP I haven't had one decent night's sleep. Not one. I don't have any problem falling asleep, but I can't stay asleep. At first I was waking up after 4-5 hours and couldn't get back to sleep for a couple of hours. Now it's more like…See More
Apr 13, 2015
Fred updated their profile
Apr 13, 2015
ZolliStar posted a discussion

New mouth device on the market

I've been hearing advertising for this product over the past few days.  It's sold as something to help snoring, but as I look at the information it seems to me that it would work just as well as my mandibular advancement device (MAD).In other words, this could help some of us with sleep apnea.Read about it here.Anybody have any thoughts about this?  See More
Mar 31, 2015
99 replied to Mary Z's discussion AHI finally under five.
"Hi Richard I mainly use an empty humidifier as it reduces noise"
Feb 16, 2015
richard graham left a comment for richard graham
"When I can afford it I'd like to get New machine with heated tube"
Feb 10, 2015

Sleep Number Beds: Have they helped anyone & worth the money?

Sleep Number Beds: Have they helped anyone & worth the money? 

I'm considering getting one with the Head & Foot elevation feature. Lying on my back in the store, lower back pain seemed to go away, but for over $5,000, I'm looking for real CPAP customer opinions please. Thanks

Views: 2634

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I do not personally have one. All of my patients that have one sware by them.
Hi Garry, Is their a free trial period? 5 k $   Thats 5 times what my car is worth ! Good Sleep,Chris
Thanks. They are nice but Chris makes my point very well. For an old army sergeant, 5k is a significant opportunity cost. That's 2,500 $2.00 Burger King items. Lol - I think the is a trial period I may invoke if I don't improve.
We bought ours from Craigs list. The adjustable ones don't come up very often but I kept watching. One came up that was too expensive but I waited some more and then got a bargain. I like it. Not as much as our old tube waterbed but I do find it comfortable and I love the adjustable head and foot.


chris h said:
Hi Garry, Is their a free trial period? 5 k $   Thats 5 times what my car is worth ! Good Sleep,Chris
Hey you didnt count how much you would spend on tumms!  ; )

Garry Conway said:
Thanks. They are nice but Chris makes my point very well. For an old army sergeant, 5k is a significant opportunity cost. That's 2,500 $2.00 Burger King items. Lol - I think the is a trial period I may invoke if I don't improve.
My son and daughter-in-law got one,and after just a few weeks they hated that they had spent the money on it. Because of the difference in the settings they rolled into each other all night. They did not have the kind where you could raise the head and feet though. Don't know if that would make a difference.

Hi, I work for Select Comfort in customer service.  Clearly I'm biased, but for people with back pain, I think we have the best bed out there.  Among people who come to us with back pain, better than nine out of ten report some improvement after switching to our bed.  The adjustable bases that raises and lowers the head and foot does raise the cost considerably, but we have monthly cash-off specials and financing promotions to help make the beds more affordable.  If you'd like to learn more about our bed you can "like" us on facebook at www.facebook.com/sleepnumber visit our www.beds.com/blog or check our www.sleepnumber.com

  Jim Freund

   Sleep Number Online Customer Service

So is their a free trial period for Garry or is he destined to chow down at berger kings 2$ value menu??

James Freund said:

Hi, I work for Select Comfort in customer service.  Clearly I'm biased, but for people with back pain, I think we have the best bed out there.  Among people who come to us with back pain, better than nine out of ten report some improvement after switching to our bed.  The adjustable bases that raises and lowers the head and foot does raise the cost considerably, but we have monthly cash-off specials and financing promotions to help make the beds more affordable.  If you'd like to learn more about our bed you can "like" us on facebook at www.facebook.com/sleepnumber visit our www.beds.com/blog or check our www.sleepnumber.com

  Jim Freund

   Sleep Number Online Customer Service

Ours isn't height/angle adjustable, but we are quite happy with it.
bump


Sheryl J. Runyon said:
My son and daughter-in-law got one,and after just a few weeks they hated that they had spent the money on it. Because of the difference in the settings they rolled into each other all night. They did not have the kind where you could raise the head and feet though. Don't know if that would make a difference.

If they are rolling into each other, they may not have a Select Comfort, or they bought the very lowest possible model.  Almost all but the the very cheapest are made with two bladders separated by a very firm 'buffer'.  We not only don't roll into each other AT ALL, I actually have a hard time rolling over to DH when I want to snuggle.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2016   Created by The SleepGuide Crew.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service