Join Our Newsletter

New? Free Sign Up

Then check our Welcome Center to a Community Caring about Sleep Apnea diagnosis and Sleep Apnea treatment:

CPAP machines, Sleep Apnea surgery and dental appliances.

CPAP Supplies

Latest Activity

Hi everyone,

Been using my auto cpap for 3 wks. and 3 days. Only 2 nights out of that time I have slept maybe

3-4hrs. I usually wake up in 1 1/2 - 2hrs. then can't get back to sleep. I have to keep it on 4 hrs. a night to comply for Ins. to pay. I cant lay with this full face mask on for a couple hrs. after waking up it drives me nuts plus the air is so cold on my face ! Any help out there ????

 

Views: 327

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

you think you are no better

the truth is you are

Darlene, It takes time for people to get used to it. Some say they are fine after onenight, others like me took months. After a year, I now feel fantastic and can't sleep witout it, so stick with it. I'm nt sur if your on any medication but you could try some herbal sleep aids to settle you down at night, I use Valerian Forte which seems to work well. Also how are you going with the mask? Any leaks etc? Ther are lots of things you can try if the mask causes you problems like mask liners and having the mask coming from above your head to save you getting tangled. Also with the cold air, what type of machine are you using and does it have a humidifier and heated hose?

Darlene, do you have a heater you can turn up on your humidifier?  Perhaps you can heat up your distilled water slightly though I guess that wouldn't las too long.  If you take a nap in the afternoon be sure and wear your mask and use your machine.  It is not only better for your health, but will help you reach that 4 hour compliance mark.  We often suggest wearing the mask while you're doing something relaxing before bed to get used to the feel of the gear.  Good luck.

yes there is a heater but the water level barely moves all night ? What do most people think of the liners ? 

Mary Z said:

Darlene, do you have a heater you can turn up on your humidifier?  Perhaps you can heat up your distilled water slightly though I guess that wouldn't las too long.  If you take a nap in the afternoon be sure and wear your mask and use your machine.  It is not only better for your health, but will help you reach that 4 hour compliance mark.  We often suggest wearing the mask while you're doing something relaxing before bed to get used to the feel of the gear.  Good luck.

What do you mean ?

99 said:

you think you are no better

the truth is you are

you are better but the perception is there is no difference because you cannot see it

best way to know is to ask some else how you look 

some one familiar with you

It would be great to hear someone say I look well rested !! Haha

Darlene, the airflow around the machine is not restricted in any way I hope.  You may want the DME to be sure your humidifier is working correctly.  If the humidity is turned up and the heating plate is not warming up something may be wrong. I had the same problem when I had placed my machine in a plastic shoe type box which resticted the airflow and caused the humidifier to think it was warm.

Hi Darlene, Where do you have the machine located ? ( floor, night stand )? Is the hose heated or do you have a hose cover on it ? Is the heat function turned on ? How much and how close to bed are you eating? It is a process to get acclimated you have a sleep debt to catch up on. Keep at it,Good Sleep,Chris 

Hi Chris...the machine is on the night stand.The heat is on the humidifer. I dont eat close to bed time. The Doc said to humidifer up to 3...the range is 1-5. Doc is also changing my mask to a resmed fx. Keeping my fingers crossed.


 
Chris H said:

Hi Darlene, Where do you have the machine located ? ( floor, night stand )? Is the hose heated or do you have a hose cover on it ? Is the heat function turned on ? How much and how close to bed are you eating? It is a process to get acclimated you have a sleep debt to catch up on. Keep at it,Good Sleep,Chris 

     I have no idea what you are referring to ?


 
Mike C (STILL at the Beach!) said:

Tyler, 

  Is this a solicitation? I see you ask for money at the bottom of the page.

I must of missed that? I didnt see anything about money Mike ?



Mike C (STILL at the Beach!) said:

Darlene, I was asking Tyler if his info to you was SPAM since his website is a post for a product that asks for MONEY?

Darlene said:

     I have no idea what you are referring to ?


 
Mike C (STILL at the Beach!) said:

Tyler, 

  Is this a solicitation? I see you ask for money at the bottom of the page.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by The SleepGuide Crew.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service