Join Our Newsletter

New? Free Sign Up

Then check our Welcome Center to a Community Caring about Sleep Apnea diagnosis and Sleep Apnea treatment:

CPAP machines, Sleep Apnea surgery and dental appliances.

CPAP Supplies

Latest Activity

Steven B. Ronsen updated their profile
Mar 5
Dan Lyons updated their profile
Mar 7, 2022
99 replied to Mike's discussion SPO 7500 Users?
"please keep me updated about oximeters "
Dec 4, 2021
Stefan updated their profile
Sep 16, 2019
Profile IconBLev and bruce david joined SleepGuide
Aug 21, 2019
What do you do to avoid the bridge of your nose from being sore? I wake up with a mark on it every morning.....so mornings are worse. It this a problem I will need to live with ...or do you think it is a fit problem with my full face mask?

Views: 12162

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a full face mask also (Resprionics Comfort Full 2). I have found if I have it too tight it will leave red marks and be sore. Try loosening the velcro just a smidge or my mask you can actually adjust the top piece in four different slots. The other thing is the oils of the face can cause the mask to leak if you don't wash it every couple days. Good luck :)
An inexpensive trick you might try - it's what I used with my Quattro full-face mask: Get a box of spot band-aids and a vitamin E stick (looks like a tube of white lipstick - got mine at Wal-Mart pharmacy). Rub a light layer of the vitamin E on the adhesive and apply the spot band-aid to the bridge of your nose. The vitamin E keeps it from adhering too tightly to your skin and conditions the skin so you can use it every night without irritating your nose. The band-aid is thin enough that it doesn't bother the seal on the mask, but provides enough cushion to prevent a sore. And since you're putting the vitamin E directly on the band-aid, it won't leave a residue on your mask.
The mark on the bridge of my nose is one of the reasons I want to find a comfortable chin strap so I can wear a nose mask instead of a full face mask. I also have strap marks from my head gear.
If anyone knows of a comfortable chin strap please post.
I had same problem and switched to ResMed Swift LT mask. It only covers the bottom of the nose and leaves no marks. I have a low pressure and it works well for me. It even allows me to sleep on my side with minimal leakage. Check with your medical professional to see if would work for you.
Martha, believe it or not I find one of the cheapest chin straps the most comfortable. The Respironics basic white chin strap PN 302175. It has a silky "saddle" for the chin, then one strap from each side of the "saddle" attach at the top of your head w/two small velcro squares. Two additional small velcro squares are placed on the bottom side straps of your mask headgear to hold the chin strap strap as well. This stabilizes the mask, the headgear and the chin strap. It also allows some "play" (depending on where you place the velcro squares on your bottom headgear straps) so that the chin strap isn't pushing your jaw backward and in some cases can actually encourage your jaw foreward a little.
Hybrid mask solves this problem very nicely.
I have found that you can adjust the different straps to get a good tight seal and still not hurt the bridge of your nose. My problem is that I seem to start to itch under the mask after a while and my supplier suggested getting "mole skin" from the shoe department at WalMart. I haven't tried it yet but I intend to get some the next time I go by WalMart.
I have the Mirage Quattro Resmed full face mask and I am ready to toss it out the window. I have the exact same problems. The bridge of my nose is bruised and when I try to adjust the mask to take pressure off of my nose the mask leaks around my eyes. I spend half the night trying to adjust the thing. I have not gotten a decent night sleep since I started using my CPAP.
I've been using the same mask as you for about a week, and last night was the first night I had soreness on the bridge of my nose. Unfortunately it prevented me from leaving it on the rest of the night. I might try Mike's band-aid suggestion tonight, and get the earplugs Judy mentioned if that doesn't work. Good luck to you.
I use the nasal pillow LT for her mask and I the past two nights I have two red marks on the tip of my nose, it is not sore.....these marks stay during the day....

Can anyone tell me what this is from, how I can get rid of these????
I'm taking a guess it is a chapped area from moisture, either condensation or more likely a little sinus drainage. Buy some Ayr Saline Nasal Gel, it will soothe, heal and toughen up the area.
I have finally found a solution to Sore Nose, Forehead, Lines and Wrinkles around eyes and Face!- The Product is from a company called Talika. Talika.com. I used the EYE Mask- which has been discontinued- but they have some if you call them.You can also find it on the net. Their Eye patches do the same thing. You use them 2-3 times per week. keep them on all night!-It's OK! They do last for more than 20 applications-I called them.You just place these patches anywhere you need to. You can cut them to fit nose,mouth, place on forehead, sides of face ect...And here is the GREAT news-I took the EYE Mask to my Sleep Doctor today. He was so impressed with my results he ordered one! The Mask WILL NOT break down the silicone seal on your mask! You can place these patches right on the Mask seal! -Ihad no leaks!AND my crows feet-GONE! The sore blistering nose-almost gone- I have noticed the wrinkles under my eyes decreasing!- I have only used this product 5 times!-WOW! -Right now I use the ResMed Mirage Quattro. This product is a beauty product for both men and woman.- AND IT works for Me! I use it 3 times per week- going to bump that up to 3 times cause doctor says go for it I look great- On the nights I don;t use it I am using Cupron-EYE MASK- cupron.com. keeps the sore nose at bay but wrinkles going away due to TALIKA. Hope this helps.
VAIN

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by The SleepGuide Crew.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service