Join Our Newsletter

New? Free Sign Up

Then check our Welcome Center to a Community Caring about Sleep Apnea diagnosis and Sleep Apnea treatment:

CPAP machines, Sleep Apnea surgery and dental appliances.

CPAP Supplies

Latest Activity

Steven B. Ronsen updated their profile
Mar 5
Dan Lyons updated their profile
Mar 7, 2022
99 replied to Mike's discussion SPO 7500 Users?
"please keep me updated about oximeters "
Dec 4, 2021
Stefan updated their profile
Sep 16, 2019
Profile IconBLev and bruce david joined SleepGuide
Aug 21, 2019

New information about crackling sound in the throat

I posted before about the crackling in my throat (sounds like pop rocks candy). Thought it might be respiratory crackles but apparently my Doc says my lungs are fine. He says
it's excess mucus, post nasal drip, caused by allergies but, I don't know. I don't really have too much trouble with allergies and can usually breath through my nose fine at night. I occasionally use a neti pot. I told my doctor all these symptoms and he never though about LPR perhaps they don't know enough about it? He's sending me to an allergist.

While researching some GERD information for a friend, I found information about another kind of acid reflux called LPR or silent reflux. I don't experience any heartburn at all and I have so many of the symptoms of LPR. Chronic cough, trouble swallowing, asthma like symptoms, wheezing, post nasal drip.

Just thought people on the forum might like to know about LPR. I've researched it but perhaps the professionals have some interesting news to report on it for our members.

Views: 49906

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for breaking this out in a separate post. I haven't heard about LPR, but perhaps others have.
http://heartburn.about.com/od/gastrictractdisorders/a/whatis_LPR.htm

I had not heard about this one. Very interesting. I am currently researching it at work. I will get back to you when I have some free time.
Just finished Dr. Park's book Sleep Interrupted. He mentions LPR, and i thought of this post.
if the person that posted the above mssg. reads this, i'd like to thank him for most probably waht i have just diagnosed myself wi/thanks to you!
for the past few weeks i have been suffering frfom most of the lpr symptoms and i was able to find your posting after googling what i had woken myself up from, which sounded like crackling from my throat.
i will now return to one of the many doctors who said i have NOTHING & who made me feel like a hypochondriac even though i knew i'm not the whole time!
thanks again!
Your welcome mi. I'm still not sure if LPR is my problem. My new doctor is sending me in for an upper GI next week. I'm better with the coughing, wheezing etc., but can still hear the crackling when I breath in very slowly. Good luck to you.

Too much fluid will get me crackling. That was a symptom of congestive heart failure. See that your bed is level also.If your feet are higher than your head, then the fluid rushes to clog you up. Salt. Another culprit. Take a 'water pill' and be surprised. I also used to take a 'dry up' pill. When you have that fluid in your head. 1 pill lasts 4 hours, helps you fall asleep, heart healthy, and cheap. chlor---tron. (something like that) 'equate' has them out at wally world 100 for just a couple bucks.

I think taking a diuretic without a doctor's order is not the way to go.

kelly said:

Too much fluid will get me crackling. That was a symptom of congestive heart failure. See that your bed is level also.If your feet are higher than your head, then the fluid rushes to clog you up. Salt. Another culprit. Take a 'water pill' and be surprised. I also used to take a 'dry up' pill. When you have that fluid in your head. 1 pill lasts 4 hours, helps you fall asleep, heart healthy, and cheap. chlor---tron. (something like that) 'equate' has them out at wally world 100 for just a couple bucks.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by The SleepGuide Crew.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service