Join Our Newsletter

New? Free Sign Up

Then check our Welcome Center to a Community Caring about Sleep Apnea diagnosis and Sleep Apnea treatment:

CPAP machines, Sleep Apnea surgery and dental appliances.

CPAP Supplies

Latest Activity

Steven B. Ronsen updated their profile
Mar 5
Dan Lyons updated their profile
Mar 7, 2022
99 replied to Mike's discussion SPO 7500 Users?
"please keep me updated about oximeters "
Dec 4, 2021
Stefan updated their profile
Sep 16, 2019
Profile IconBLev and bruce david joined SleepGuide
Aug 21, 2019
Ellen writes: "did you have a hard time to keep it on? it's been a life saver for me though.  i don't fall asleep durring the day !! i can't believe how much better it is but i got to find a way to keep it on better- i did get dry at first now i used water in it. it's been a blessing to me 
thanks for your help 
ellen from maine"

Views: 3053

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ellen,

Try wearing the mask during the day while you are awake. This will help you get used to it. Just put it on watch tv, read a book, or anything that will keep your mind entertained.

i got stuck with that one
Jeffrey Donaldson said:
Superglue would do the trick, but seriously, I had that problem in the beginning and I have known others that have as well. I would wake up to find that i had taken it off with no memory of doing it. After a few months I stopped doing that and maybe now once a year it might happen. Unless this has been happening for a long time, it should resolve itself over time.
How come in the discussion of face marks from straps, no one has suggested Pad-a-Cheeks? The owner will work with you to get the best outcome, as well.

www.padacheek.com

She also has a great knowledge of various masks from having tried them in order to develop their Pad-a-Cheeks. :D
I had read on some blog about CPAP..a community..don't ask me which one..I have slept since then..but a LOT of
people said that they had been using Polygrip Denture Adhesive to GLUE their LIPS shut.. ( cringing..gasping..catching
breath )...I can't even imagine this..but that was WHAT they said... ((sigh.. oh my)) Made me even more thankful
for my FULL FACE MASK.

99 said:

Jeffrey Donaldson said:
Superglue would do the trick, but seriously, I had that problem in the beginning and I have known others that have as well. I would wake up to find that i had taken it off with no memory of doing it. After a few months I stopped doing that and maybe now once a year it might happen. Unless this has been happening for a long time, it should resolve itself over time.

Sheila Knowles said:
I had read on some blog about CPAP..a community..don't ask me which one..I have slept since then..but a LOT of
people said that they had been using Polygrip Denture Adhesive to GLUE their LIPS shut.. ( cringing..gasping..catching
breath )...I can't even imagine this..but that was WHAT they said... ((sigh.. oh my)) Made me even more thankful
for my FULL FACE MASK.

99 said:

Jeffrey Donaldson said:
]
That sounds like a great a great solution for my dry mouth problem also. I will have to try it and post results here.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by The SleepGuide Crew.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service