Join Our Newsletter

New? Free Sign Up

Then check our Welcome Center to a Community Caring about Sleep Apnea diagnosis and Sleep Apnea treatment:

CPAP machines, Sleep Apnea surgery and dental appliances.

CPAP Supplies

Latest Activity

Steven B. Ronsen updated their profile
Mar 5
Dan Lyons updated their profile
Mar 7, 2022
99 replied to Mike's discussion SPO 7500 Users?
"please keep me updated about oximeters "
Dec 4, 2021
Stefan updated their profile
Sep 16, 2019
Profile IconBLev and bruce david joined SleepGuide
Aug 21, 2019
What I'd like to know is...how many people on this forum have lost weight after therapy?

- question from Bonesigh posted to another thread, but deserving its own space. . .

Views: 6669

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

On continuous CPAP therapy for 3 years.......female, 5'4" tall, currently 127 lbs. ....up 5 lbs from 122 lbs. when I started cpap. Walk 3 mi. 4-5 times a week and golf. Still tired :(
I have lost a little more than 20 pounds after a little more than a year on CPAP. But remember, it's the not the CPAP that does it. It's having more energy as a result of using CPAP that enabled me to feel "up" for exercise.
No. About three years ago I lost 30 pounds and to my amazement my sleep apnea went away with the weight. I was free from the machine, those annoying lines on my face,etc... Then I gained the weight back and I am now a prisoner of the CPAP once again.

I am trying to lose it (the weight and the machine) again.
I have not lost any. In fact the Bi-Pap machine is not helping me completely. Part of my problem could be my depression. My medicines have been changed to try and help. I am still looking for an answer.
I am certain I have sleep apnea and my appointment is coming up. I am probably the most athletic fat person you will ever meet. I am 5'6 and 209lbs. I run, do aerobic videos, lift weights, kayak, hike, you name it. I am on the P90X program too with almost no results. Diet is lots of veggies and protien. No salt, sugar, soda. Although I'm addicted to caffiene to get through the day. I gain 10lbs a year on average regardless of diet/excercise. I will let you know how sleep apnea treatment goes soon. Sleep study is next week! Fingers crossed!!
This would count toward weight loss following implementation of proper treatment for sleep disordered breathing: I lost 25+ pounds in 5 months without trying following implementation of a mandibular advancement device to treat my UARS (symptoms did not improve on CPAP, but I had an immediate response to MAD).
Sara just out of curiosity do you have an overbite? I am wondering if an oral appliance vs. a cpap may be right for me as my tongue seems to be a bit big for my jaw. I would love to hear about anyone's experiences with oral appliances as I am not exactly crazy about the CPAP idea. Either way, I am eager to get the situation under control, with my two biggest goals being to lose weight and to get through a day without longing for a three-day nap or a gallon of starbucks coffee :-) I know ultimately my doctor has to make the call, but the more info I have up front the faster I can ask those educated answers and get the right solution inplace!!

SaraLynn said:
This would count toward weight loss following implementation of proper treatment for sleep disordered breathing: I lost 25+ pounds in 5 months without trying following implementation of a mandibular advancement device to treat my UARS (symptoms did not improve on CPAP, but I had an immediate response to MAD).

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by The SleepGuide Crew.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service