Join Our Newsletter

New? Free Sign Up

Then check our Welcome Center to a Community Caring about Sleep Apnea diagnosis and Sleep Apnea treatment:

CPAP machines, Sleep Apnea surgery and dental appliances.

CPAP Supplies

Latest Activity

Steven B. Ronsen updated their profile
Mar 5
Dan Lyons updated their profile
Mar 7, 2022
99 replied to Mike's discussion SPO 7500 Users?
"please keep me updated about oximeters "
Dec 4, 2021
Stefan updated their profile
Sep 16, 2019
Profile IconBLev and bruce david joined SleepGuide
Aug 21, 2019
What I'd like to know is...how many people on this forum have lost weight after therapy?

- question from Bonesigh posted to another thread, but deserving its own space. . .

Views: 6669

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No, my weight hasn't fluctuated at all since starting CPAP therapy several years ago (I'm currently about 30 pounds overweight).
Oh I WISH!! If I thought it would help, I'd wear it all day long! I've only been using a machine (cpap then bipap) since Feb or Mar of this year, but I seem to be gaining weight. I don't think it's related because I've got so much more energy than before.
I've actually gained also...
I did not loose any weight, darn it...
I have gained. I have been totally compliant for at least 12 years. In all that time I have not used my CPAP twice (2 nights). Once when I had a virus and another when we lost power in a storm.
Not me, as a matter of fact, I've gained!!!!
So far I've put on 15 lbs since starting cpap....

The Dreamer
I am 57 years old and I have lost weight after using the cpap. I have a question. Do you think that men over 50 procrastinate about their health?
I lost thirty pounds. I am back to daily long walks, not craving sweets and carbs, and not drinking coffee to stay awake. I was too tired to exercise before being diagnosed. Now, I pop out of bed and run full speed ahead. I have been on my Cpap for 17 months, yet did not feel fully awake and alert for 4-5 months.
Narciso said:
I lost about 30 lbs in the last year and a half, thru exercise. I'm 5'8" and now 158 lbs. I am a CPAP user for the last 4 years, with pressure set at 6. The CPAP has been wonderful, helping me sleep better, gained my energy back, the humidifier helps when I have a cold ...

This is an aside ... starting last December, I was not sleeping well (waking up more tired than usual and mind is foggy) so I had myself tested again at a sleep clinic this year. The result indicated that I need to be at a higher pressure of 7. After a month, I'm still not sleeping well at this higher pressure. I switched from a fisher and paykel to a Resmed S8 Autoset II because the F&P is making a lot of noises. I wonder how many people has lost weight and had their CPAP pressure increased ...
I had the same experience, this past week I went back to my clinic, and the respitory therapist changed my setting from 8-9 , as I was suddenly not sleeping deeply, though the computer printout said everything was compliant and working well. I am a new woman, back to the deep and rested person that appeared after my diagnosis 17 months ago. I was not retested, we just decided to try a new setting, as it was the easiest way to try something different. I learned that I will have to be vigilant and monitor and adjust when things even subtly change. But, my weight has always been my challenge, now I care if I am overweight, when having obstructions every three minutes all night long for probably 4 years, what I looked like was not a priority. I just wanted to survive each day.

Jeanne Berry said:
Narciso said:
I lost about 30 lbs in the last year and a half, thru exercise. I'm 5'8" and now 158 lbs. I am a CPAP user for the last 4 years, with pressure set at 6. The CPAP has been wonderful, helping me sleep better, gained my energy back, the humidifier helps when I have a cold ...

This is an aside ... starting last December, I was not sleeping well (waking up more tired than usual and mind is foggy) so I had myself tested again at a sleep clinic this year. The result indicated that I need to be at a higher pressure of 7. After a month, I'm still not sleeping well at this higher pressure. I switched from a fisher and paykel to a Resmed S8 Autoset II because the F&P is making a lot of noises. I wonder how many people has lost weight and had their CPAP pressure increased ...
I've gained.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by The SleepGuide Crew.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service