Join Our Newsletter

New? Free Sign Up

Then check our Welcome Center to a Community Caring about Sleep Apnea diagnosis and Sleep Apnea treatment:

CPAP machines, Sleep Apnea surgery and dental appliances.

CPAP Supplies

Latest Activity

Steven B. Ronsen updated their profile
Mar 5
Dan Lyons updated their profile
Mar 7, 2022
99 replied to Mike's discussion SPO 7500 Users?
"please keep me updated about oximeters "
Dec 4, 2021
Stefan updated their profile
Sep 16, 2019
Profile IconBLev and bruce david joined SleepGuide
Aug 21, 2019

I just recently went on vacation with 18 other people.  Four of us are diagnosed with Sleep

Apnea.  I decided to try and talk to everyone about their machines and compliance.  Three of us use our machines regularly and one has put it in the closet.  No one else knew anything about the settings on the machine or had any interest in seeing/tracking their own data. Everyone, except the woman who is not using hers brought their machine on vacation.  I did not get to talk to the woman not using hers any more about why.  Her roommate told me she was not using it, but before I could ask her why, she got a message that her 57 year old brother had died in his sleep and she went home.  I don't know why her brother died, or if he had OSA.

Views: 1509

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I take mine away with me in our caravan, I feel too guilty if I dont take it. It's probably different for me as I had surgery on my nose a few years ago and one nostril has collapsed and gets almost no air in - the nasal plugs keep the nostril open and air flowing. I used to toy about just shoiving a stint(?) up to get more air overnight. Once a month in any event I reluctantly reward myself with a night off - but seriously, I took to the machine like a duck to water and still look forward to going to bed to sleep with the mask on. My only frustration is ending up in the morning with either the mask thrown away from the bed, or getting into a patterned turning over routine during the night and waking up with 3 coils of the tube around my neck :))

Peter Washington said:
I take mine away with me in our caravan, I feel too guilty if I dont take it. It's probably different for me as I had surgery on my nose a few years ago and one nostril has collapsed and gets almost no air in - the nasal plugs keep the nostril open and air flowing. I used to toy about just shoiving a stint(?) up to get more air overnight. Once a month in any event I reluctantly reward myself with a night off - but seriously, I took to the machine like a duck to water and still look forward to going to bed to sleep with the mask on. My only frustration is ending up in the morning with either the mask thrown away from the bed, or getting into a patterned turning over routine during the night and waking up with 3 coils of the tube around my neck :))

Ha ha - I have one of those nostrils too so I just went with the face mask - I think my nostril issue is bony. Before I went to the sleep doc my BP went up 20 pts - for no apparent reason except I was too tired to exercise. After - it went right back down. That was enough incentive for me. I like my machine too.
Hello DeanAnn ~

Here's some info for a medical tag: directhomemedical.com 888-505-0212 Med ID Tag for travel $6.95 & $8.95.
And I'd like to ask you a question regarding your experience with the ORACLE 452 Oral Mask - would you let me know what your pressure is - and if you use the nasal portion as well?

Thanks for your post,
Renee

DeanAnn Collier said:
I heard that there is a medical tag you can get to put on the case especially for airport travelers. I saw it once but haven't looked into just yet.

Larry Bruck said:
I bring my CPAP machine on vacation with me. I also have a brief encounter with airport security, but it is always better to have it with me.
Renee,
My pressure is 12. I use a summer's nose clip instead of the ones that came with the mask. Of all the masks this one is the best for me since I have very small bone structure. Thanks for the info about the tags.

Renee said:
Hello DeanAnn ~

Here's some info for a medical tag: directhomemedical.com 888-505-0212 Med ID Tag for travel $6.95 & $8.95.
And I'd like to ask you a question regarding your experience with the ORACLE 452 Oral Mask - would you let me know what your pressure is - and if you use the nasal portion as well?

Thanks for your post,
Renee

DeanAnn Collier said:
I heard that there is a medical tag you can get to put on the case especially for airport travelers. I saw it once but haven't looked into just yet.

Larry Bruck said:
I bring my CPAP machine on vacation with me. I also have a brief encounter with airport security, but it is always better to have it with me.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by The SleepGuide Crew.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service