Join Our Newsletter

New? Free Sign Up

Then check our Welcome Center to a Community Caring about Sleep Apnea diagnosis and Sleep Apnea treatment:

CPAP machines, Sleep Apnea surgery and dental appliances.

CPAP Supplies

Latest Activity

ZolliStar replied to Dan Lyons's discussion CPAP & Dry Mouth
"Dan, Do you use a chin strap?  If you're a mouth breather, you may need a chin strap so that your mouth stays closed. It's important to keep it closed throughout the night for a lot of reasons -- mouth, dental, etc., etc. I've…"
Nov 24
99 replied to 99's discussion Five Day Cure obstructI've sleep apnea
"Wed 9  9 mg Thursday 10 missed  Friday 11 9mg have insomnia  going skip rest until insomnia goes away Just did maths had my five days"
Nov 11
99 replied to 99's discussion Five Day Cure obstructI've sleep apnea
"Day after tomorrow I mean trump day wed 9 9mg "
Nov 9
99 replied to 99's discussion Five Day Cure obstructI've sleep apnea
"Day two Monday 7 Nov 9mg very relaxed Day three Tuesday 8 Nov 9mg sniffles appears to have stopped  must reduce dose"
Nov 8
99 replied to 99's discussion Five Day Cure obstructI've sleep apnea
"Start treatment again  Nov 6 @ 2100 first day "
Nov 6
99 replied to 99's discussion Five Day Cure obstructI've sleep apnea
"Day 5 not quite there must quit treetment for non and have at least a five day break But even so my health has improved "
Nov 1
99 replied to 99's discussion Five Day Cure obstructI've sleep apnea
" "
Nov 1
99 replied to 99's discussion Five Day Cure obstructI've sleep apnea
"Day three not so good with osa  DAY four better but still not quite there "
Oct 31
99 replied to 99's discussion Five Day Cure
"Day one immediate improvement to OSA but had insomnia and slight constapation Day two flatulence greatly reduced muscle tighten "
Oct 29
99 posted a discussion

Five Day Cure

I believe I have found a cure that only take five days which I am trialing now It has many benificial side effects as well by reducing snoring to name onePM ME as I do not want mainstream media to find out and have it banned as I fear that is how it will goWill try again after a little breakIn addition will increase omega 3And thirdly a chiropractic to realign atlas bone in spine is just a passing thought See More
Oct 28
liz4cps commented on liz4cps's group Prince William Co, VA support group
"BluePoint Medical* holding their next Remedy event on June 4 with Terry Cralle, RN on "Sleep in the Mordern Family".  They will also be checking CPAP machines and providing breakfast. Click on link above for more…"
May 7
Dan Lyons posted a discussion

CPAP & Dry Mouth

In recent months, I have developed extreme dry mouth as a result of the CPAP.  I am a mouth breather when using CPAP.Recently, I saw an advertisement for the symptoms of dry mouth, but as usual, when I need the information to have a discussion with both my primary care  physician and my dentist I haven't seen the ad. Has anyone else seen the ad and can anyone remember the info in the ad?Thanks in advance,DanSee More
Mar 30
richard graham posted a status
"My deductible is double what a machine is online but I can't get the machine set up. Any ideas?"
Mar 10
BeeAsleep posted a status
"Hi all. I am just checking in and saying hi after being gone for a long time. I am doing GREAT! Just got a new machine and mask. Feel like I"
Jan 23
BeeAsleep updated their profile
Jan 23
99 replied to Fred's discussion CPAP - cure worse than the disease
"Do not turn light on as this hinder you from falling asleep or choose red light instead which do not afect your sleep"
Oct 27, 2015
99 left a comment for Joan Williams Rice
"Hi Joan visiting pelham and I have osa"
Oct 27, 2015
99 left a comment for martha crabtree
"Hi maths visiting pelham "
Oct 27, 2015
99 left a comment for Rhonda Harrison
"Hi Rhondda I am visiting pelham and have osa "
Oct 27, 2015
99 posted a discussion

Leaky gut

Do you have a leaky gutHow would you knowA telltale sign for leaky gut is Athletes footI wish to ask do you have or suffer from itThe reason I ask is maybe this is a common denominatorJust text yes or text noAnd if you are the first to text also keep a tallyExample38 yes 0 noYour input would alter the tally39 yes 0 noSo now I will input first1 yes. 0 noSee More
Sep 26, 2015

We already know that obstructive sleep apnea can cause stroke, but can it can also cause central sleep apnea, MS, or even Alzheimer's? How can it lead to various other unexpected conditions such as migraines, headaches, dizziness, lightheadedness, various stomach ailments, and even ringing, hearing loss, or vertigo?


Topic: Neurologic Complications of Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Date: Tuesday, November 9th
Time: 8PM Eastern
Format: Teleseminar

Please click here to register and receive your access details: http://doctorstevenpark.com/ask-dr-park

Views: 62

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dr. Park,

I would have so loved to participate in this seminar, but a college course conflicts with this.
Will a recorded Podcast be available ?

Sincerely,

Jay Polatnick
JayPolatnick@gmail.com
Jay: go to Dr. Park's website and you will be able to purchase it.



Jay Polatnick said:
Dr. Park,

I would have so loved to participate in this seminar, but a college course conflicts with this.
Will a recorded Podcast be available ?

Sincerely,

Jay Polatnick
JayPolatnick@gmail.com
I think that OSA may also be a factor in fibromyalgia, at least for some number of fibromyalgia victims.--.
I attended Dr. Park's webinar last night and found if very informative. The affect that sleep apnea has on the brain and it's function was most interesting. I am curious to know more though about the affects of low Progesterone levels. Does anyone have any info on this subject?
Progesterone acts as an upper airway muscle dilator or stimulant. Specifically, the genioglossus muscle (your tongue) loses muscle tone as progesterone slowly drops (before a woman's periods and during menopause). This is why HRT can be helpful in many women. The estrogen to progesterone ratio has to be balanced. Some peri-menopausal women use OTC progesterone creams with success.



Donna B. said:
I attended Dr. Park's webinar last night and found if very informative. The affect that sleep apnea has on the brain and it's function was most interesting. I am curious to know more though about the affects of low Progesterone levels. Does anyone have any info on this subject?
Thank you Dr. Park,
At last check my Progesterone levels were low (due to Peri-menopause) I was prescribed Prometrium (100mg) to regulate my periods. I take it SID x14 days.
I will share this info with my Gynecologist at my next visit.
Donna



Steven Y. Park, MD said:
Progesterone acts as an upper airway muscle dilator or stimulant. Specifically, the genioglossus muscle (your tongue) loses muscle tone as progesterone slowly drops (before a woman's periods and during menopause). This is why HRT can be helpful in many women. The estrogen to progesterone ratio has to be balanced. Some peri-menopausal women use OTC progesterone creams with success.



Donna B. said:
I attended Dr. Park's webinar last night and found if very informative. The affect that sleep apnea has on the brain and it's function was most interesting. I am curious to know more though about the affects of low Progesterone levels. Does anyone have any info on this subject?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2016   Created by The SleepGuide Crew.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service