Join Our Newsletter

New? Free Sign Up

Then check our Welcome Center to a Community Caring about Sleep Apnea diagnosis and Sleep Apnea treatment:

CPAP machines, Sleep Apnea surgery and dental appliances.

CPAP Supplies

Latest Activity

Mary Z left a comment for richard graham
"If the heated tube works with your machine I would try that.  They also make covers for your tubing which may help some.  I think the heated tube may be your answer.  Keep us posted."
23 minutes ago
Mary Z left a comment for richard graham
"Richard, some folks just use the humidifier in a Passover mode.  They just don't turn it on, but let the air pick up moisture without heat."
33 minutes ago
Mary Z replied to 99's discussion colloidal silver
"99, where have you been?  Do you add the colloidal silver to your humidifier?"
1 hour ago
Mary Z replied to Andy's discussion Resmed S8 AutoSet II - No Longer Collecting Data??
"I Andy, I realize I'm months behind your post.  I have no idea why your S8 would stoop collecting data.  I'm glad to hear  you're having such improvement with your apnea.  I have made great strides since I changed…"
1 hour ago
Mary Z replied to Andy's discussion Resmed S10 AirSense - Anyone have one? Any feedback?
"Andy, just found your post.  I don't know anything about this new machine.  How are you liking your new ResMed?"
1 hour ago
Mary Z left a comment for Kay Day
"Kay, I haven't been around myself and miss the old, active forum."
1 hour ago
Mary Z left a comment for richard graham
"Hi Richard,  I don't bother with a humidifier.  Someone on the forum suggested not using it and I'm a lot less congested without it.  A good AHI is under 5.  I use the Wisp and have been since it came out.  I think…"
1 hour ago
hifay replied to Mary Z's discussion Sleep apnea increases risk of osteoporosis
"Always something. Thanks for the information."
1 hour ago
99 posted a discussion

colloidal silver

a humidifier can be used with colloidal silverthis can keep the humidifier clean for day maybe weeks or longer without the need to clean the humidifiersilver colloidal is antimicrobial and you could just top up your humidifier without cleaning and at the same time treat your bodyor you just put silver on it own into the humidifierSee More
17 hours ago
richard graham posted a status
"I feel like the humidifier is making me feel yucky and I'm waking up hacking and having to clear my throat a lot for a while."
Nov 3
richard graham posted a discussion

what's a good AHI?

I've been using and auto and it says my AHI HAS been between 4 and 6 and wondering what's a good range.
Nov 2
Andy posted a discussion

Resmed S10 AirSense - Anyone have one? Any feedback?

Hi All,I've just ordered a new Resmed S10 AirSense, and I was wondering if anyone here has used one?Any information or input would be appreciated!See More
Sep 29
Andy replied to Andy's discussion Resmed S8 AutoSet II - No Longer Collecting Data??
"Hi All, Well, I went to the sleep doc today, and he ordered a new S10 for me! I still don't know why my S8 is not tracking data anymore. Anyone have any ideas?"
Sep 29
Oscar Lemus updated their profile
Sep 25
liz4cps commented on liz4cps's group Prince William Co, VA support group
"Just found they have a Facebook for the REMedy event, 1st Class Sleep REMedy Wellness Health Fair."
Sep 25
liz4cps commented on liz4cps's group Prince William Co, VA support group
"Reminder: REMedy event is this Saturday, 10 am to 2pm.  Topics include: Nutrition and Weight Management with Sarah Kelly, Registered Nutritionist/Dietitian Oral Appliance Therapy for Sleep Apnea with Drs. Rena Vakay & Lara…"
Sep 25
Kay Day left a comment for Kay Day
"September 1, 2014 My apologies to Sleep Guide for not participating in a long time. In January 2012 I started classes at the local community college (my husband is an instructor there, and my tuition is refunded when my grades are above a C. My…"
Sep 1
Mary Z posted a discussion

Sleep apnea increases risk of osteoporosis

Sleep apnea/osteoporosis study finds “increased” health riskA recently published study may have found a connection between obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) and osteoporosis, marking yet another health…See More
Aug 23
Mary Z replied to ZolliStar's discussion Non-invasion approach that can relieve mild sleep apnea
"Hi ZolliStar, I've heard before that speech therapy, or singing lessons can help sleep apnea.  The problem at that time was there was no way to determine which exercises help.  Getting research done, rather than anecdotal would be…"
Jul 28
ZolliStar posted a discussion

Non-invasion approach that can relieve mild sleep apnea

Some people report that singing -- singing! -- really helps their sleep apnea. Dr. Stephen Park said that myology (which are exercises to strengthen muscles around the inside of one's mouth area) helps some. I think singing would be better.  If you read all the FAQs on this (click below), I think you'll agree that it makes sense for some. Maybe you.http://www.singingforsnorers.com/index.htmSee More
Jul 28
I found I can make a bridge of cardboard on mask and it work wonders. Now there is no airon eyes and I can sleep all night and eyes are never dry. Cardboard and type are all I use.

Views: 463

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Since I used last night for the 1st time the SMALL head gear (has to be ordered as only Medium comes with the mask) there was NO air blowing in my eyes last night.  First time no redness or dryness when I woke up.  My AHI decreased from 2.6 to 2 in one night. Slept all night!  (except when skunk spraying outside in our yard woke us up!)  The mask did not slip or move as it usually does.  I also use the Quietus liners. 

Lynn Rochell said:

My mask has no forehead pad. The Quattro FX air release is right under the eyes and tends to blow up.

Many of those using this mask have this problem with air rushing in the eyes. I keep using this mask because it feels good on and does not give me a closed in feeling. Having worked in engineering I realized this design error and fixed it with the cardboard. It works and directs the air out away from the eyes.

I went through this when the air vents in my FP 431 were shooting air into my eyes; it wasn't from mask leaks per se. I finally threaded a strip of fleece though the nose piece and head straps. That kept the air out of my eyes. Then I tried RemZzz which got rid of that problem plus the red mask marks.

 

Finally, I got a Quattro FX three weeks ago - the one with no forehead brace - and it didn't leak at all or shoot air into my eyes! I didn't think it would work but it did for me. It has to be set lower than you'd think, that's all.

 

It's really a matter of finding a mask that fits. Incidentally, the old Mirage Quattro was awful for me, but it was my first mask, so maybe it was just me floundering around with no real fitting help.

I'm going to try this Quietus Liner. I keep repositioning my Quatro FX to stop leaking, but it always starts again in the middle of the night since it moves around when I lay sideways. Anyway, I hope these liners work.  Thanks for the tip.
They do help but mine did not do well until last night when I tried the small head gear.  Is your mask the correct size for you?  And the head gear also?

Patricia Salgado said:
I'm going to try this Quietus Liner. I keep repositioning my Quatro FX to stop leaking, but it always starts again in the middle of the night since it moves around when I lay sideways. Anyway, I hope these liners work.  Thanks for the tip.
Wow, I just checked out the Quietus liner to compare to the RemZzz liners. I just bought 60 of them but I'll no doubt be trying the Quietus. I love the fact that they have a tacking agent to actually grip onto the mask to avoid sliding! Things just keep getting better and better. :)
Mine last about 5 days.  I put one on Saturday and it is still fine to use more.  One batch I ordered did not have as much tacking agent so I told him and he put a little extra on my last order. It makes wearing the mask much more comfortable. Don't think I could do it without them now.He has always been very prompt in shipping them too. So I order extra just to make sure I don't run out.

My mask is a "small". So I think the size is okay, although I really don't have anything to compare it to. I would think that leaking, when it comes to mask size, would be a result of a mask that is too big. Since my is small and fits tightly I don't think that's the problem. But who knows. I will try those liners and see what happens...


Ginny Edmundson said:

They do help but mine did not do well until last night when I tried the small head gear.  Is your mask the correct size for you?  And the head gear also?

Patricia Salgado said:
I'm going to try this Quietus Liner. I keep repositioning my Quatro FX to stop leaking, but it always starts again in the middle of the night since it moves around when I lay sideways. Anyway, I hope these liners work.  Thanks for the tip.
Yes, I believe it would be from a too large mask.  My mask may still be a little large but with the smaller head gear it worked great last night.  Hope I have a repeat performance tonight.  The medium head gear that comes standard with every mask just did not support the mask well enough.  It almost wrapped around my head twice.  :)

Patricia Salgado said:

My mask is a "small". So I think the size is okay, although I really don't have anything to compare it to. I would think that leaking, when it comes to mask size, would be a result of a mask that is too big. Since my is small and fits tightly I don't think that's the problem. But who knows. I will try those liners and see what happens...


Ginny Edmundson said:

They do help but mine did not do well until last night when I tried the small head gear.  Is your mask the correct size for you?  And the head gear also?

Patricia Salgado said:
I'm going to try this Quietus Liner. I keep repositioning my Quatro FX to stop leaking, but it always starts again in the middle of the night since it moves around when I lay sideways. Anyway, I hope these liners work.  Thanks for the tip.

It is also quite amazing what a good soap and water cleaning does for improving the seal of the mask.

 

I do admit to making the mask very tight to avoid leaking which has resulted in a bit of pressure acne and resultant sores and such at the back of my head (ouch)

I had the air in the eyes problem with my Mirage Quattro FX until I began putting the mask on correctly with the top of the mask going below the bridge of my nose; problem gone.
Ginny, I am so glad you told me about these. I just placed my 2nd order. They are putting more tacking agent on as well and they suggest I try washing in Woolite. I have not been able to reuse after washing. The fit is so much better and marks are few.

Ginny Edmundson said:
Mine last about 5 days.  I put one on Saturday and it is still fine to use more.  One batch I ordered did not have as much tacking agent so I told him and he put a little extra on my last order. It makes wearing the mask much more comfortable. Don't think I could do it without them now.He has always been very prompt in shipping them too. So I order extra just to make sure I don't run out.
I have worn the present one since last Saturday.  Seeing if I can get 7 days out of it.  If I wash they just don't do well so I just throw away.  The mask feels "cooler" with them I think. Glad they have helped you laso.  Now if we knew what kind of cloth and what the tacking agent was, we could make our own!!!!!

Louise said:
Ginny, I am so glad you told me about these. I just placed my 2nd order. They are putting more tacking agent on as well and they suggest I try washing in Woolite. I have not been able to reuse after washing. The fit is so much better and marks are few.

Ginny Edmundson said:
Mine last about 5 days.  I put one on Saturday and it is still fine to use more.  One batch I ordered did not have as much tacking agent so I told him and he put a little extra on my last order. It makes wearing the mask much more comfortable. Don't think I could do it without them now.He has always been very prompt in shipping them too. So I order extra just to make sure I don't run out.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by The SleepGuide Crew.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service